Choice Music Prize - Irish Album of the Year 2009 (1 Viewer)

I hope Valerie Francis wins.

i'm awarding her the golden prick for sounding like
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

i'm awarding codes the golden prick for first irish band on the coat tails of
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

adrian crowley is standing out so far.

yer man John Caddel off phantom just said something along the lines of;

(pertaining to a free downloads slot he has on his show where he mentioned that magazine download thing that was mentioned in the New Music thread on here before xmas)

'these downloads aren't of crappy bands that you've never heard of. Like those bands that only 5 people have heard of and who people think should be nominated for a Choice Music Award'

he didn't mention this thread or this site. But we all know he was thinking it, right?

He loves Vampire Weekend and hates Animal Collective.

anyway, carry on...

Tony knows instrumental post-rock reached its peak many years ago.

You and Tony know that yeah?
Codswallop in my opinion.

ASIWYFA show that "instrumental post-rock", which is a pretty lumbering description by the way, can reach far greater heights than what the likes of Mogwai or EITS have achieved.

(pertaining to a free downloads slot he has on his show where he mentioned that magazine download thing that was mentioned in the New Music thread on here before xmas)

'these downloads aren't of crappy bands that you've never heard of. Like those bands that only 5 people have heard of and who people think should be nominated for a Choice Music Award'

he didn't mention this thread or this site. But we all know he was thinking it, right?

anyway, carry on...

thanks for the info, cant get phantom in donegal.

ASIWYFA show that "instrumental post-rock", which is a pretty lumbering description by the way, can reach far greater heights than what the likes of Mogwai or EITS have achieved.

They need to get a singer.

I like my instrumental post rock as much as the next person but ASIWYFA are fairly shit. Over-hyped blog band.

Ever actually listened to them?

Van Morrisson's band?

DFE8612.jpg

Their album is spectacularly well recorded but I really don't think they're anything original or interesting.
From the live clips I've seen it looks like they put on a good show though.
In saying all that and considering the Choice list, I do hope they win.

anyway, carry on...

Me too. Well, I don't hate AC.

It's funny when influential and powerful (relatively) media figures dismiss bands that nobody has ever heard of for that very fact, when they themselves have the opportunity to make whatever band they choose heard by people. People like Scutter, in his car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back