Choice Music Prize - Irish Album of the Year 2009 (1 Viewer)

sparse

Website
www.facebook.com
The shortlist for Choice Music Prize - Irish Album of the Year 2009 is as follows (list in alphabetical order)

And So I Watch You From Afar “And So I Watch You From Afar” (Smalltown America)
Bell X1 “Blue Lights On The Runway” (BellyUp)
Codes “Trees Dream in Algebra” (EMI)
Adrian Crowley “Season of the Sparks” (Chemikal Underground)
Dark Room Notes “We Love You Dark Matter” (Gonzo)
The Duckworth Lewis Method “The Duckworth Lewis Method” (1969/Divine Comedy Records)
Julie Feeney “Pages” (Mittens)
Valerie Francis “Slow Dynamo” (VF)
Laura Izibor “Let The Truth Be Told” (Atlantic)
The Swell Season “Strict Joy” (Plateau)

Congratulations to the all the nominees!

That list is a very typical reflection of what Irish journos deem to be worthy music. Nothing exciting or interesting on it (I don't find ASIWYFA to be either).
The list isn't reflective of all the cool stuff actually being released.
I was hoping to see Altar Of Plagues or Boxcutter on there :) :) :)

I can't believe that the Herring and the Brine has been excluded for the third year running. I'm starting to think the judges have an anti-SAAB bias.

That list is a very typical reflection of what Irish journos deem to be worthy music. Nothing exciting or interesting on it (I don't find ASIWYFA to be either).
The list isn't reflective of all the cool stuff actually being released.
I was hoping to see Altar Of Plagues or Boxcutter on there :) :) :)

Or even that Riffs album.

Or even that Riffs album.

Too marginal an appeal - same with Altar Of Plagues and maybe Boxcutter (although he's really really popular worldwide).
You can't fill a venue for an awards ceremony with little cool acts but there are others like Bats, Twinkranes, Paddy Kelleher who were kinda unjustly overlooked.

You can't fill a venue for an awards ceremony with little cool acts but there are others like Bats, Twinkranes, Paddy Kelleher who were kinda unjustly overlooked.

David Kitt or even Delerentos

there's a massive lack of diversity on the short list, Johnny Craig called the list "very Today FM" which sums it up for me... I means it was announced on the Tony Fenton show ffs

that list slings mud at itself...

then it uses the mud for camouflage and ambushes other lists, like so

159rambo2-mud2.jpg

Why don't we come up with our own Irish Album of the Year 2009 & hold the award ceremony in the Lower Deck? We could do an online vote thingy except we'd ban any christian bands or solo artists called Raychill.

Why don't we come up with our own Irish Album of the Year 2009 & hold the award ceremony in the Lower Deck? We could do an online vote thingy except we'd ban any christian bands or solo artists called Raychill.

It's a good idea every year but it never happens.

VF FTW!

not a band idea. when the likes of Patrick Kelleher, David Kitt, Groom, Hunter-Gatherer, Boxcutter, Mumblin Deaf Ro, Twin Kranes and even the likes of Hayes & Cahill and Mozaik can't get recognition at the Choice then maybe there should be an alternative option...

No Revellions????

Easily the best Irish lp of '09.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back