Choice Music Prize - Irish Album of the Year 2015 (1 Viewer)

Choice Music Prize 2015 - And the winner is...

• Girl Band - Holding Hands with Jamie (Rough Trade)

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • HamsandwicH - Stories From The Surface (Route 109A Records)

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Gavin James - Bitter Pill (Warner Music Ireland)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jape - This Chemical Sea (Faction Records)

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Le Galaxie - Le Club (Universal Music Ireland)

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Colm Mac Con Iomaire - And Now The Weather (Plateau)

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Roisin Murphy – Hairless Toys (PIAS)

• Soak – Before We Forgot How To Dream (Rough Trade)

• Villagers – Darling Arithmetic (Domino)

• Young Wonder – Birth (Feel Good Lost)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
he was a big champion of the anderson album that some people thought'd be nominated and managed a top 50 albums of 2015 list all of his own incl. sufjan/barnett/holter/lamar... Tom Dunne's Best Albums of 2015
fair enough, sorry to Tom in that case.

I was probably judging him unfairly, based on his twitter feed .

I thought their first 2 albums were great. Saw them live around 4 times and they always put on a great show too. They're ok in my book.
Yeah, but no. They're gash. But grand. Thing is, if they were just Gomez, they'd be grand. Tiajuana Lady was great song. BUt they're not just Gomez. They're Mercury Award Winners Gomez. See, see what this shit does? Now they're judged by that. They're shite. They're not good enough to win some shitty prize that M-People won. I mean,,, here we go again. If you want to award prizes for art, then round robin. Fights. Drinking games. General knowledge. Combined age. Something more logical than "Chosen by intern at internet radio station no one's ever heard."

Yeah, but no. They're gash. But grand. Thing is, if they were just Gomez, they'd be grand. Tiajuana Lady was great song. BUt they're not just Gomez. They're Mercury Award Winners Gomez. See, see what this shit does? Now they're judged by that. They're shite. They're not good enough to win some shitty prize that M-People won. I mean,,, here we go again. If you want to award prizes for art, then round robin. Fights. Drinking games. General knowledge. Combined age. Something more logical than "Chosen by intern at internet radio station no one's ever heard."
fair enough, point taken (this thread is hard)

I can't even remember the lad's name who won the mercury last year. I'm sure hes relieved.

fair enough, point taken (this thread is hard)

I can't even remember the lad's name who won the mercury last year. I'm sure hes relieved.
Was it Young Fathers? It's grand. But is it Brazil '70?

Ah the piece was a nice idea but it just rubbed me the wrong way due to lack of ANYTHING uncool on it. Come on like, include some of your more mortifying or at least amusing teenage gigs already.

fair enough - i just thought 'obnoxious' was a bit harsh. she did say "fraction of my life in gig tickets" - she might have been at bros. the year before r.e.m., or n.k.o.t.b. in between suede and the sundays...

for what it's worth, my first proper gig was aswad/deacon blue/tracy chapman/hothouse flowers in the r.d.s. - went mainly for tracy chapman, but aswad were the highlight. then again, maybe you think aswad are cool!

for what it's worth, my first proper gig was aswad/deacon blue/tracy chapman/hothouse flowers in the r.d.s. - went mainly for tracy chapman, but aswad were the highlight. then again, maybe you think aswad are cool!

I was at that. Amazing gig. 1988/1989? And I was at Simple Minds the previous/following year. Something Happens, Texas, and probably someone else, supported.

Edit: and I saw Adam Clayton a-courtin Naomi Campbell at the Simple Minds gig.

fair enough - i just thought 'obnoxious' was a bit harsh. she did say "fraction of my life in gig tickets" - she might have been at bros. the year before r.e.m., or n.k.o.t.b. in between suede and the sundays...

obnoxious was definitely too harsh. APOLS to Sinead.

For what it's worth, my first proper gig was aswad/deacon blue/tracy chapman/hothouse flowers in the r.d.s. - went mainly for tracy chapman, but aswad were the highlight. then again, maybe you think aswad are cool!

Aswad ARE cool!

I've actually heard more off this list then any Choice list in years. I can't quite put my finger on why Girl Band bother me. Actually, it's not Girl band that bother me, it's peoples reaction to Girl Band. Anyway, it'd be pretty good if they won, but i doubt they will.

not my bag at all.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

why would you put yourself through it?

I'm just glad they are not the usual singer/songwriter/ deep & meaningful sincere ballads/middle of the road anthemic rock that this country loves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back