Choice Music Prize - Irish Album of the Year 2015 (1 Viewer)

Choice Music Prize 2015 - And the winner is...

• Girl Band - Holding Hands with Jamie (Rough Trade)

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • HamsandwicH - Stories From The Surface (Route 109A Records)

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Gavin James - Bitter Pill (Warner Music Ireland)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jape - This Chemical Sea (Faction Records)

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Le Galaxie - Le Club (Universal Music Ireland)

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Colm Mac Con Iomaire - And Now The Weather (Plateau)

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Roisin Murphy – Hairless Toys (PIAS)

• Soak – Before We Forgot How To Dream (Rough Trade)

• Villagers – Darling Arithmetic (Domino)

• Young Wonder – Birth (Feel Good Lost)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ah here leave Sinéad alone - she's sound.

Also I was at that Consolidated gig in London and it was great.
I was purposely being over the top, gawd.

We've established she's sound.

@pete Tell you what, edit the post to just say "Sinead is sound". I can get behind that.

Lads, it's like you think the corporate sponsors might have some vested interest in keeping mainstream and bland. Come on. Corporations don't think that.

Jaysus, just edit the post, I can't be getting into a fight with half of the internet over an attempt to be funny that I have no strong feelings about.

That twitter thing though, keep that one up.

Lads, it's like you think the corporate sponsors might have some vested interest in keeping mainstream and bland. Come on. Corporations don't think that.
I'm surprised Choice Music is still managing to be going. Most people seriously are just happy with whatever Spotify is recommending them. People who like music enough to actually go looking aren't interested in it. It's a niche that doesn't really seem to exist anymore...

I'm surprised Choice Music is still managing to be going. Most people seriously are just happy with whatever Spotify is recommending them. People who like music enough to actually go looking aren't interested in it. It's a niche that doesn't really seem to exist anymore...
This is the essential fallacy here. It's not about music. It's about corporate sponsorship. It's about how the arts works in this country. Vested interests who mete out crumbs to keep us all in line. This is not how music is created, and every one of us knows that. Why are we even giving this Oxegen. See what I did there? I made a correlation between Corporate Sponsored Major Label Love In and mono-beered cattlefests that pay for mega agents coke parties.

When you're standing in a field watching Radiohead, and you can't hear a fucking thing because you're in a feild, and some lad in a straw hat with a GAA jersey on is complaining that they're not playing the hits, you begin to wonder if it's about the music any more.

Hint: it isn't.

The best we can do is soldier on, doing what we're doing, and ignoring the empricisation of art. Let's face it, if we wanted to make albums that made the Choice Prize list, we'd make different music.

All this bitching makes it seem, I dunno..important somehow?

I have come from Facebook to ask what this means

Is it the TV show?

Also, I'll be selling Mono-Beered Cattlefest t-shirts at the next Heineken event in Dublin, and you can't stop me.
I'd love a Mono-Beered Cattlefest tshirt.

drays should be on the list.

still haven't forgiven her for her obnoxious "here are all the coolest bands I just casually saw as a teenager, never went to a single embarrassing gig" piece.

i'm a similar vintage to her and have a lot of the same ticket stubs (but my beasties was tivoli). that said, i haven't been asked to write a piece about them. every generation has its own "joanna newsom in the sugar club"/"the national in the cobblestone"/"u2 in the t.v. club"

Tom Dunne doesn't listen to music thats less than 20 years old, from what I can tell.

he was a big champion of the anderson album that some people thought'd be nominated and managed a top 50 albums of 2015 list all of his own incl. sufjan/barnett/holter/lamar... Tom Dunne's Best Albums of 2015

i'm a similar vintage to her and have a lot of the same ticket stubs (but my beasties was tivoli). that said, i haven't been asked to write a piece about them. every generation has its own "joanna newsom in the sugar club"/"the national in the cobblestone"/"u2 in the t.v. club"
Ah the piece was a nice idea but it just rubbed me the wrong way due to lack of ANYTHING uncool on it. Come on like, include some of your more mortifying or at least amusing teenage gigs already.

I should probably just write my own piece about the times I saw Gomez and Placebo.

Last edited:
Gomez....jeeeeeezuz. Hey! Gomez won the Mercury, so they must be fucking great, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back