Choice Music Prize 2015 (1 Viewer)

Nothing (0/10) that I nominated made the shortlist, and the album I had at the top of the list was disqualified on ground of being too short, far too short apparently even to warrant a bending of the rules. Not, it would seem, that it would have made a blinding bit of difference considering the albums which did receive short-list nominations eventually.

If you'll allow a bit of sickening self promotion here's (effectively) the list of what I nominated, albums classification, then songs.
Best Irish Music of 2014 | Totally Dublin - Latest News & Events in Dublin

How long does your album have to be to qualify? And if you've made an album that's too short to qualify as an album, what then have you made?

http://www.choicemusicprize.com/eligibility.html

Heretofore, can we refer to the 'Granny Rule' as the 'Aphex Twin Rule'?

Eligibility
In order to be considered for the Meteor Choice Music Prize Irish Album of the Year, a release must meet ALL the following conditions -

1. All albums nominated for the Meteor Choice Music Prize must have been released for the very first time in Ireland during the year in question. This means that the album must have made available to the general public (for purchase or given away for free in shops, at gigs or on websites) for the very first time in Ireland (ie Republic of Ireland and/or Northern Ireland) between January 1 and December 31 in the given year.
  2. Re-issues, multi-artist compilations, live albums and artist Best Of collections are not eligible for nomination.
  3. The albums nominated can be from any genre imaginable.
  4. The artist(s) in question must have been born in Ireland (ie Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland) and/or hold an Irish passport. Bands are eligible to be nominated if the majority of the band members were born in Ireland (ie Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland) and/or hold an Irish passport.
  5. For the purposes of the Meteor Choice Music Prize, an album must contain either six or more tracks and be over 33 mins, 20 seconds in length OR a minimum of 9 separate tracks AND a minimum of 25 minutes of music.
Please note that there is NO formal application process for the Meteor Choice Music Prize. Once an album meets the above criteria, it is eligible to be considered by the judges for selection.

Actually surprised the Number Ones didn't make the list. Did they not see the pitchfork profile???

The albums nominated can be from any genre imaginable.

was Mike Denver nominated?

MikeDenver-3cdsetB_LRG.jpg

If you'll allow a bit of sickening self promotion here's (effectively) the list of what I nominated, albums classification, then songs.
Best Irish Music of 2014 | Totally Dublin - Latest News & Events in Dublin

http://www.choicemusicprize.com/eligibility.html
  1. The artist(s) in question must have been born in Ireland (ie Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland) and/or hold an Irish passport. Bands are eligible to be nominated if the majority of the band members were born in Ireland (ie Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland) and/or hold an Irish passport.

Without waiting to go home and checking the personnel on the sleeve I wonder if the Ginnels record was eligible, and if so was it the first Ginnels record that was.

Meteor Choice Music Prize - Irish Album of the Year 2014 Shortlist Announced

Dublin, 7th January:

2015 sees the 10th anniversary of the Meteor Choice Music Prize and it goes from strength to strength as the shortlist for Irish Album of the Year 2014, in association with IMRO and IRMA, was announced this afternoon.

The overall winning Album of the Year will be selected by the judging panel at the Meteor Choice Music Prize Live Event at Vicar St, Dublin on Thursday, March 5th 2015.

The shortlist is as follows (artists listed in alphabetical order):

Aphex Twin – Syro (Warp)
Delorentos – Night Becomes Light (Universal Ireland)
The Gloaming – The Gloaming (Real World)
Hozier – Hozier (Rubyworks/Universal)
James Vincent McMorrow – Post Tropical (Faction)
Sinead O’ Connor – I’m Not Bossy, I’m The Boss (Nettwerk)
Damien Rice – My Favourite Faded Fantasy (Warner Music)
The Riptide Movement – Getting Through (Universal Ireland)
U2 – Songs of Innocence (Island)
We Cut Corners – Think Nothing (Delphi)

Lisa Comerford, Meteor’s Consumer Marketing Director, said “The celebration of ten years of Ireland’s finest albums, singers and songwriters is quite an achievement, and Meteor is delighted to continue to support the very best in home-grown music through the Meteor Choice Music Prize. The competition is always fierce for the coveted ‘Irish Album of the Year’ title and this year is certainly no different. As always, our esteemed judges have a difficult task ahead, and given the caliber of shortlist I certainly don’t envy their task!”

The Meteor Choice Music Prize event will be broadcast live on Today FM in a special four hour extended programme during the Paul McLoone show.

Once again, RTE 2 Television will broadcast a one-hour highlights programme of the Meteor Choice Music Prize on Sunday March 8th.

Tickets for the Meteor Choice Music Prize live event will go on sale from all Ticketmaster outlets and from Tickets for concerts, theatre, football, family days out. Official Ticketmaster Site on Friday January 9th, priced €24.00 including booking fee.

The winning act will receive €10,000, a prize fund which has been provided by the Irish Music Rights Organisation (IMRO) and the Irish Recorded Music Association (IRMA). All of the shortlisted acts will receive a specially-commissioned award, courtesy of IMRO and IRMA.

“2014 was an incredible year for Irish music. A wealth of emerging talent made serious inroads in various international territories while taking the creative force of Irish music around the world and in so doing reaching new audiences each step of the way. Each year, the Meteor Choice Music Prize recognises and champions some of our finest songwriters and IMRO is delighted to continue its longstanding association with this prestigious music prize– Victor Finn, IMRO Chief Executive.

“IRMA are once again delighted to be involved with the Choice Music Prize and to celebrate the success of the award. IRMA’s interest in the cultivation of new artists through its members is at the centre of the long-running partnership with the music prize”. - Willie Kavanagh, Chairman of IRMA.

HMV Xtra vision are retail partners of the Meteor Choice Music Prize and will feature special stands showcasing the Meteor Choice Music Prize nominees across their stores nationwide.

The Meteor Choice Music Prize – Song of the Year 2014 shortlist will be announced later this month.

Any list of last years best lps that dosent include my one isn't worth the pixels used to print it

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back