Cheap flights to the US (1 Viewer)

jane

Website
www.ittybittyhearingtrumpet.wordpress.com
Ok, so I'm trying to figure out if it is financially feasible to go to the US this year. It's been two friggin' years, and I still can't afford it, but I'm starting to feel the pain.

I still don't know when I can leave for the holidays (which is the only time I can go), and the flights even near the date are coming back more than I make in a month.

Anyone have any advice? I can't use the student travel people because I still haven't paid my fees, so I can't get a new ISIC card, and so can't get student rates. Blah blah blah blah I hate being this broke.

How do you people get cheap flights to the US? And by cheap, I mean less than the 600 euro that I'm seeing for the absolute cheapest ticket flying on the least convenient dates that would actually put one of my jobs in jeopardy.

Heathrow is the way to go.

Virgin Atlantic! I used them last September and it cost me about €475. They're excellent.

And sure you can stay over in London while you're here.

Whelan Bicycle Kick said:
Heathrow is the way to go.

Virgin Atlantic! I used them last September and it cost me about €475. They're excellent.

And sure you can stay over in London while you're here.

Yeeek. I hate going via Heathrow. I've had more layovers there than I'd ever like to admit, and I've never really found it cheaper. But I'll check it out -- thanks! 'Cept I might have to go from Manchester, which would be a big pain right here (*points to hole*).

Looks like go4less and that other one are the same people, and offer the same stupid prices.

Nice! I think what I've realised is that I've left it too long. I didn't have any choice, and in fact, I STILL am unsure of what date I can leave (it's possible I can't leave until Xmas Eve, which would suck because it'd mean I couldn't go). I can see that there ARE cheap flights on these websites, it's just that I am about two months too late. What a load of rubbish, too, as it'll be my only time off until the summer.

Ack. Fuck. Ack. Fuck. Moan. Complain. Whine.

jane said:
Nice! I think what I've realised is that I've left it too long. I didn't have any choice, and in fact, I STILL am unsure of what date I can leave (it's possible I can't leave until Xmas Eve, which would suck because it'd mean I couldn't go). I can see that there ARE cheap flights on these websites, it's just that I am about two months too late. What a load of rubbish, too, as it'll be my only time off until the summer.

Ack. Fuck. Ack. Fuck. Moan. Complain. Whine.

I'm always always in that boat. I only confirmed that I could get the third week in November and a few spare days in the fourth off on Friday and am now frantically trying to decide between a trip to New York or a trip to visit friends in Seoul. Dithering a day can easily cost you a hundred quid or two.

And I had the exact same situation this time last year when travelling to Boston. You'll remember my ill-fated expedition...?

Anyway, best bargain I found back then was flying out on New Year's Eve if that was something you'd be willing to do.

freddienonose said:
I'm always always in that boat. I only confirmed that I could get the third week in November and a few spare days in the fourth off on Friday and am now frantically trying to decide between a trip to New York or a trip to visit friends in Seoul. Dithering a day can easily cost you a hundred quid or two.

And I had the exact same situation this time last year when travelling to Boston. You'll remember my ill-fated expedition...?

Anyway, best bargain I found back then was flying out on New Year's Eve if that was something you'd be willing to do.

I've flown on New Year's Eve a good few times, and New Year's Day. It's a rubbish holiday, and if I can actually get a good deal on a flight AND ignore it, all in one go, then awesome. Only thing is, I was hoping to be able to be in the US for Actual Christmas. It's too bad the airline companies can't be nice and cut us some Christmas slack. After all, they're not going to be short of passengers -- can't they have some fucking pity on those of us who don't have bags of money?

jane said:
I've flown on New Year's Eve a good few times, and New Year's Day. It's a rubbish holiday, and if I can actually get a good deal on a flight AND ignore it, all in one go, then awesome. Only thing is, I was hoping to be able to be in the US for Actual Christmas. It's too bad the airline companies can't be nice and cut us some Christmas slack. After all, they're not going to be short of passengers -- can't they have some fucking pity on those of us who don't have bags of money?

Ah, yeah. Screw New Year's Eve. Unfortunately, my girlfriend wasn't sure she agreed last year, and her desire to spend it with her intensely irritating 'girls' in Boston cost me the guts of two hundred quid. Not bitter at all...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back