How do I get music on to Spotify and the likes (1 Viewer)

sleepy

Website
www.facebook.com
I'm working on an ep at the moment and hope to have it finished in the next little while. Normally I just throw whatever random shite I'm working on up on to Soundcloud and I've never gone down the route of actually ever officially releasing anything.

So, what do people here actually use for getting their music on to Spotify etc.?

I'm working on an ep at the moment and hope to have it finished in the next little while. Normally I just throw whatever random shite I'm working on up on to Soundcloud and I've never gone down the route of actually ever officially releasing anything.

So, what do people here actually use for getting their music on to Spotify etc.?

I use distrokid.

The margins between it and CD baby are small, but it worked best for me. i think it's 20 bucks a year or something, which you'd want to be doing fucking great to make back. Best to run about 4 weeks lead on the track. I think in certain cases CD baby might work better.

I use distrokid.

The margins between it and CD baby are small, but it worked best for me. i think it's 20 bucks a year or something, which you'd want to be doing fucking great to make back. Best to run about 4 weeks lead on the track. I think in certain cases CD baby might work better.
Cool, thank you. I will give them a go.

By 4 weeks lead, do you mean trying to promote it and stuff, or trying to get presaves on Soundcloud?

Cool, thank you. I will give them a go.

By 4 weeks lead, do you mean trying to promote it and stuff, or trying to get presaves on Soundcloud?

i think its the upload process to loads of stores, some of them take a few weeks, spotify itself probably 48 hours. like it doesn't matter too much because spotify/itunes/amazon are pretty much what people use. Also you can do a pitch to spotify through your artists page to get considered for their playlists which i think needs two weeks. In any case it take about 3-4 weeks to do a realease anywhooooooo

i think its the upload process to loads of stores, some of them take a few weeks, spotify itself probably 48 hours. like it doesn't matter too much because spotify/itunes/amazon are pretty much what people use. Also you can do a pitch to spotify through your artists page to get considered for their playlists which i think needs two weeks. In any case it take about 3-4 weeks to do a realease anywhooooooo
Cool, thank you very much. This has been really helpful.

The difference between CDBaby and distrokid is their payment model - with distrokid you pay a yearly subscription and can release lots of stuff (but you need to keep subscribing to keep your stuff up), with CDBaby it's a one-off payment for each release

I use CDBaby. Costs me more, no doubt, but I don't want to have to be deciding every year whether it's worth renewing my subscription in order to keep my tunes available

Question.
I see a charge on my credit card for DistroKid Extras. I've just spent the last hour on the site trying to find out what they are and what releases the might be on, to no avail. Help?!

Can get a good deal on distrokid if ya half sign up and leave it a few days. They generally offer ya deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back