Cheap Android tablet recommendations? (2 Viewers)

pissypants

Looking to get my mother a cheap android tablet. Price range €150-ish.

Anyone out there happily using a cheap one at the minute?

(not to lead the thread, but I've been looking at this :eek:pinions?)

Napalm got something similar a few months back I believe,send him a pm.

Tesco have an Yarvik for 150, mate bought one couple of weeks back, does what it says on the tin...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hey thanks both. Will check the shit out of that...

In the end I got the Archos 101 Internet Tablet for 200 euro from power city.
Perfect for the mammy. Installed Archtools so it does Android Marketplace, Google's suite of stuff, youtube and much of flash content.

In the end I got the Archos 101 Internet Tablet for 200 euro from power city.
Perfect for the mammy. Installed Archtools so it does Android Marketplace, Google's suite of stuff, youtube and much of flash content.

how easy is it to use? gave the parents a windows 7 netbook a while back but it's all a bit much for a pair of septuagenarians

how easy is it to use? gave the parents a windows 7 netbook a while back but it's all a bit much for a pair of septuagenarians

My mother's in her septs too, and with little to no previous computer experience has been happily playing angry birds, (and with some help) looking up things on wikipedia as well as reading and responding to a few emails. She plans to watch a The Kings Speech on it tonight. She's even got the hang of "pinch gesture" zooming, and swiping the page of her eReader app. It's still early days for her yet, but it's great to see her use it when she previously would have literally been afraid to press the power button on a PC / Laptop in case she broke it.

You can play angry birds on a tablet too?
They are dead handy innit.
I really want one.

To save the hassle of inflicting someone with an Android based device, I'd sooner get them a cheapo iPad v1 than a low-cost Android device. They take the fun out of using a tablet. The janky scrolling and delayed responsiveness (no matter how small) are what ruins Android for me. Plus, the OS is all fucking black background on white text. WTF?!

To save the hassle of inflicting someone with an Android based device, I'd sooner get them a cheapo iPad v1 than a low-cost Android device. They take the fun out of using a tablet. The janky scrolling and delayed responsiveness (no matter how small) are what ruins Android for me. Plus, the OS is all fucking black background on white text. WTF?!

ipad really is smoooooth.

ipad really is smoooooth.

I was just googling for a 'smooth like butter' image of Steve Jobs but found these instead, Steve Jobs Cheese Head

Steve-Jobs-head.jpg

cheeseplate.jpg

nachos.jpg

nachos_melted.jpg

That's disturbing.
So yis reckon ipad is far superior to any android options?I was sure I wanted an android but doubts have been growing the last week or so...

Yes. Have an iPad (1) & a galaxy tab in the house and the iPad is a waaayyyy better experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back