Capello (1 Viewer)

They can hire all the British managers they want, the players will still be shown up as tactically inept and incapable of keeping the ball against even a half-decent side.

capello left cos he hates the english. john terry was his ticket out of there. do you think fabio cares about terry? terry was the cunt who tried to start a mutiny during the world cup. that and he clearly knows that they're going to fuck up in 2012 and he doesn't want his reputation further sullied. this way he walks off into the sunlight with a halo of righteousness. innocent until proven guilty. my hole. fair play to him.

They can hire all the British managers they want, the players will still be shown up as tactically inept and incapable of keeping the ball against even a half-decent side.

I remember after the world cup someone pointing out that in one match against Argentina, Mexico utilized three completely different attack minded formations in the space of an hour (I could be mixing up which world cup this was the Mexico Argentina match in Germany was the best game of the tournament the one in South Africa was marred by a huge refereeing fuck up) and managed to carry the game (both times) to the opposition. The BBC continuaully pointed out how real players can adapt to anything and how it's insulting to say that England are among the top teams while unable to come close to that level of technical ability.

Mind you Mexico lost (both times). what's even more ridiculous is that I can't remember which world cup that was in and that criticism has been relevant to the english team for 10 years now.

Cappello had England playing to there strengths lately, but it always seemed that he'd just given up trying to make them play actual football. They beat Spain by playing Irelandball and if they could get the right players in (Baines, Jags,Parker), the wrong egos out (Lampard, Cole, Terry) they could have been a real threat. Fuck em though they reap what they sow.

The English press are really showing their insanity over this.
They HATED Capello, and the only reason I can see for it is that he's 'Foreign' and 'Over Paid'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back