can't sleep. (1 Viewer)

Couple of these should do the trick.

chimay-bleu.jpg

re: coffee

I don't drink any after 1pm Sunday - Thursday.
As I believe it affects my sleep making me unproductive in work.

16000 thumped posts and yr blaming coffee?!

However every Friday evening I have a cup at around 7pm and have no problem sleeping.

Reason - because I don't have to get up early on Saturday.

whats early/not early in yr world? i can't sleep past 8.

swimming, particularly sea swimming, guarantees me a good night sleep. Meditation is also good, I Know that Dublin Buddist Centre do courses.

16000 thumped posts and yr blaming coffee?!

whats early/not early in yr world? i can't sleep past 8.

:)
Most of them posts are from home I'd say. Certainly all pre-2005.

Early for me is before 8.
we take turns on the weekend lie ins.
I get Saturday.

The point re the coffee was if I know I don't have work the following day I'm not affected by an evening cup.

If I drank coffee on say Monday or Tuesday evenings I wouldn't sleep those nights.

I don't think I've had a decent night's sleep since the New Year and it's finally catching up with me. I'm starting to look all haggard. I would kill for 4 uninterrupted hours.

You could try horlicks made with the Dreamy-Sleepy-Nightie-Snoozy-Snooze milk mentioned earlier, i doubt it'll work but it tastes lovely.

I'd recommend a book along with big fat bift to send ya to sleep happy.

Also hot water bottles, raising your feet up on a pillow and a dash of lavender on your pillow.

Any of the above or the already mentioned sex or wank option:p

i use this but it makes it a lot harder to get outta bed come the morning...what to do about this :confused:

force yourself out of bed and drink two cups of tea real fast, that or leave a can of coke somewhere cold nearby for when you wake up and gun it into you.

It all sounds hillarious really but it's how I survive :p, things to speed me up and things to slow me down, otherwise I'd be a bit..meh.

its the getting out of bed thats the problem,i may just drink loads of water now then ill have to get up for a piss....or just reset the three alarms i ignore every morning.once i have a coffee and a cigarette into me im full of the joys of spring.

its the getting out of bed thats the problem,i may just drink loads of water now then ill have to get up for a piss....or just reset the three alarms i ignore every morning.once i have a coffee and a cigarette into me im full of the joys of spring.

I also need around 2 or 3 alarms, try putting them in really awkward places, like on top of a bookshelf so you gotta get a chair to actually reach it before you can hit the feckin snooze button. I've woken up late too many mornings hugging my phone, my classic alarm clock (wind up jobby) and my digital alarm and realising I slept through/or hit the snooze on all three :mad:

a wise friend of mine told me to make a cup of coffee before bed and drink it cold first thing in the morning.

not a fan of cold cawfee myself but could be worth a shot if you think you're able.

i'd probably be driven mad by the smell of delicious coffee next to my bed, drink it and stay up all night regretting what i'd just done.

I bought this for a friend a while ago, the helicopter spinney thing flies across the room and the alarm wont stop unless you put it back on again. it might work for you.
http://www.boingboing.net/2005/12/08/alarm-clock-wakes-yo.html

looks like you all slept pretty well

Nope. I just took some advice and got off the computer. I think I finally closed my eyes around 5ish. Kept waking up though. Even 15 minutes late in to work. I think I am so tired now that I can't sleep. Ya know that feeling? I feel like I'm underwater. I really wish I could turn off my brain.

Oh and iced coffee is the bomb.

I was having the same problem. Couldn't get to sleep, couldn't wake up. Horrible.

I got one of these
bodyclock_advance_200.jpg

It has a sunset simulation setting. Go to bed, hit the button, it gradually fades from bright to off (over 15,30 or 45 mins) and in the morning it does the same in reverse until it is at full brightness at the alarm time. It's a fantastic reading lamp too.

That and some nice droney music and I don't have too much trouble sleeping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back