can't sleep. (1 Viewer)

My apartment is too bright from street lights as it is. So much so I wear one of those eye masks to 'sleep'. I took the batteries out of the clock in the kitchen because the clicking of the hands moving was driving me mad. If I had a calling card last night I would have called everyone I knew in the states. Instead, I had conversations with myself like a crazy person.

Hi, maybe someone has mentioned this before. I use to have really bad trouble sleeping, just couldnt get stuff out of my thoughts. I went to some guy for it and he advised, counting backwards from 100 and also visualizing the numbers in your head. I used to think of different design door numbers. This worked for me anyways.

My apartment is too bright from street lights as it is. So much so I wear one of those eye masks to 'sleep'. I took the batteries out of the clock in the kitchen because the clicking of the hands moving was driving me mad. If I had a calling card last night I would have called everyone I knew in the states. Instead, I had conversations with myself like a crazy person.

You need blackout curtains, or at least heavier ones.

also ear plugs are a godsend if you can't sleep living in the city.
i tried ear plugs but became really paranoid that the smoke alarm would go off without me hearing it, also as there's a few smokers in the house i've woken up in a panic a couple of times.

Hi, maybe someone has mentioned this before. I use to have really bad trouble sleeping, just couldnt get stuff out of my thoughts. I went to some guy for it and he advised, counting backwards from 100 and also visualizing the numbers in your head. I used to think of different design door numbers. This worked for me anyways.

lately when I cannot sleep and lie in bed with my head going ninety, thinking of overdue projects i need to finish or obsessing about my life, i start to conjugate my german verbs - it boring like counting backwards, but also hopefully goes into my brain so i learn them naturally. it often works.

ich mag

du magst

er/sie/es mag

wir mögen

ihr mögt

sie mögen

ich möge ......zzz....zzzz

I went to the doc there before christmas because I couldn't sleep. He said that I should talk to my boss and get my workload reduced (they had me doing extra work on top of my normal job). I did this and they were ok about it. He also said that I should do physical exercise for about an hour every evening to take my mind off work stress etc. I do this and it definitely helps. I usually go for a fast walk in the evening, about half an hour. You kind of convert the stress into kinetic energy. Early morning insomnia can be really depressing. I haven't had that in a while. Best of luck with it.

I went to the doc there before christmas because I couldn't sleep. He said that I should talk to my boss and get my workload reduced (they had me doing extra work on top of my normal job). I did this and they were ok about it. He also said that I should do physical exercise for about an hour every evening to take my mind off work stress etc. I do this and it definitely helps. I usually go for a fast walk in the evening, about half an hour. You kind of convert the stress into kinetic energy. Early morning insomnia can be really depressing. I haven't had that in a while. Best of luck with it.

Before Christmas I was going on 2 hour walks most evenings after work. I think it did help. This weekend I actually finished my goal of walking from Howth to Greystones. Not all at once, of course but in 3 to 4 hour sections. I walked from Dun Laoghaire to Bray on Saturday, which was the last bit. I need a new challenge to keep me going and the weather to clear up.

.|..|
postman woke me bright and early this morning,fair play to him.and he had a lovely pair of trainers for me!where you get the light s?

Deadly, maybe you should order trainers to be delivered every day ;)

I bought it on ebay, not cheap, but totally worth it. It's a lumie bodyclock. I did see one of the other models somewhere in town recently. I'll try to remember where.

Before Christmas I was going on 2 hour walks most evenings after work. I think it did help. This weekend I actually finished my goal of walking from Howth to Greystones. Not all at once, of course but in 3 to 4 hour sections. I walked from Dun Laoghaire to Bray on Saturday, which was the last bit. I need a new challenge to keep me going and the weather to clear up.

is it your crazy underground job that's doing this? the not being able to sleep like, not the mental idea that you can singly bring down the DART by proving you don't need it

That's cool. Dun Laoghaire to Bray is really scenic. It's as good as a lot of the more celebrated tourist destinations in Ireland. Howth too. Killiney Hill is really nice also. I did the same thing in Clare (north from Kilkee) over a few weekends during the summer. Walked a few miles and then drove the next day to where we stopped the previous day. Meant face offs with cows, mild electric shocks, dodgy cliffs and paths, old ruins, etc. Would definitely recommend. I usually do the same walk with minor variations every evening. Not very exciting but I think it's good.

That's cool. Dun Laoghaire to Bray is really scenic. It's as good as a lot of the more celebrated tourist destinations in Ireland. Howth too. Killiney Hill is really nice also. I did the same thing in Clare (north from Kilkee) over a few weekends during the summer. Walked a few miles and then drove the next day to where we stopped the previous day. Meant face offs with cows, mild electric shocks, dodgy cliffs and paths, old ruins, etc. Would definitely recommend. I usually do the same walk with minor variations every evening. Not very exciting but I think it's good.

Yeah, I like hopping on the rocks down in Dun Laoghaire and Dalkey is pretty spectacular. My favorite is the Bray to Greystone cliff walk. I could spend hours sitting in the middle of it because it's just so beautiful and relaxing.

Barack Obama came to me in a dream last night.Said he had everything under control.Mad.

I find that music with lyrics is a bad idea if I'm trying to sleep. You want some Stars of the Lid, or Labradford something you can get lost in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back