buying a laptop (1 Viewer)

mmmm get a mac. So much nicer, and expensive, lighter, more stylee etc. No virii to worry about fucking your hardrive in the head. Actually we have both a pc and a mac laptop and of course it's easier and cheaper to get a pc one but in terms of general maintenance over the years, you won't have half the worries you get with pc's. (I am typing this on a powerbook g4)

HeeHeeHee. I'm getting a MacBook Pro soon. Oozing at the gums I am. Just gots to wait until the new batch is released. I went through that whole is-it-worth-it/it-looks-so-cool circle for ages and reckoned I was OK with spending over the odds for a deadly-looking, solid, stable machine.

HeeHeeHee. I'm getting a MacBook Pro soon. Oozing at the gums I am. Just gots to wait until the new batch is released. I went through that whole is-it-worth-it/it-looks-so-cool circle for ages and reckoned I was OK with spending over the odds for a deadly-looking, solid, stable machine.
What were these horror stories to which you previously referred?

I'm a bit confused - what're the significant differences between the macbooks and the macbook pros? Apart from screen size and upgradeables like memory/chip speed and the like - as adjusting for these, there's still a large difference...? I can see the tech spec on the apple site but I have little or no idea of the practical differences...

I love my new macbook pro.
I got a matte screen (there's no discernible advantage to the glossy screen) and am waiting for my extra gig of ram at the moment.
I haven't tried yet, but it apparently runs Vista RC1 blazingly fast using parallels or bootcamp.

*hugs

I love my new macbook pro.
I got a matte screen (there's no discernible advantage to the glossy screen) and am waiting for my extra gig of ram at the moment.
I haven't tried yet, but it apparently runs Vista RC1 blazingly fast using parallels or bootcamp.

*hugs

I am jealous.

Congrats though... and many happy returns etc.

:D

Weeee! Hopefully MacRumours is right and the new Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro will be launched at Photokina on the 25th. Some people who stupidly ordered them last week have had their shipping date pushed back to the 26th, presumably because they're shipping with the new chips on that date.

Hopefully, soon, I'll be jealous no more. But much poorer, with absolutely no money. Mneh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back