Buseireann - The last straw. (1 Viewer)

I complained about an incident involving a nightlink and although they called me back they wouldn't concede that anyone belonging to their organisation had been in the wrong.

Thankfully i don't have to use Bus Eireann on a daily basis anymore. At one point when i was commuting i ended up keeping a list of the amount of buses that were either late or didn't show up. I eventually sent it to bus eireann and the reply i received (i was quite surprised i even got one) basically told me i was mistaken and enclosed a copy of the timetable.

What a horrible experience Roisin! Bus Eireann can be as bad to customers as Irish Rail are, I've had terrible experiences with both. Make sure you write to them and complain!!

I bought a Newbridge - Dublin return train ticket once, and ended up using the Dublin - Newbridge side first; the next day (it was a 5-day ticket) I tried to use the other direction and the inspector nearly went ballistic.

I usually buy a €50 weekly ticket and get the same train everyday so he knew my face but still made me write down my credit card details as I didn't have enough cash, and pay for ANOTHER ticket despite the fact I'd only used one side of the ticket. I seriously had the rage that day, I even complained at the office but they were having none of it.

Thankfully i don't have to use Bus Eireann on a daily basis anymore. At one point when i was commuting i ended up keeping a list of the amount of buses that were either late or didn't show up. I eventually sent it to bus eireann and the reply i received (i was quite surprised i even got one) basically told me i was mistaken and enclosed a copy of the timetable.

Haha that's brilliant.

From my time in customer care and from my own personnal experience the letter should be addressed to the CEO of Bus Éireann and nobody else.

They'll acknowledge it (or his secretary will) and have powers above anyone in the complaint department and will usually do what's best for the customer and any form of cash back or refund doesn't come out of thier department so they'll sign off on it in a second.

The CEO of Bus Eireann is called Tim Hayes and the address is Bus Eireann. Broadstone Dublin 7

my worst bus experience was a bus driver at 8 in the morning blasting out insanely loud ra tunes through the speaker system for the full hour of the journey. he was big with loadsa tats so i said nowt.

Just reading Róisín's story has given me the rage.

I had a really frustrating experience with Bus Eireann's service back from Electric Picnic a few years ago. I bought a return ticket and asked as I was getting off the bus what time the last bus going back was, they told me 2am (although the ticket said "after the concert has finished").

I ended up in the VIP area afterwards, and turned down an offer to stay in a mate's tent cause I had the return ticket, and made my way to the car park at 1.45 only to find there were no buses. I couldn't get back into the venue, or into the campsite, and I had a very drunk friend and a cracked rib to deal with (and the painkillers I was taking for my rib were wearing off....)

In the end I had to walk, cracked rib, drunk friend an' all, for about an hour and get a taxi back to Dublin. We kept the taxi receipt and sent it to Bus Eireann.

We got a letter back saying that a) the ticket said "after the concert" not 2am, and b) "it was recorded" that the bus did leave at 2am, which was absolute bollox. They eventually compensated us with about a fiver each which didn't cover the taxi fare. Or the rage. Oh the rage, the rage.

I wrote to Bus Eireann about the unreliable evening Naas to Newbridge service - delays of up to one hour post 5pm not uncommon.

They responded with an apology and a couple of months later a new shuttle service began between the two towns with a bus running at 5.05/5.10pm every day

fair play!
the timetable online is different to the timetable at the bus stops for the regular buses, it's ridiculous. I rang Bus Eireann from a bus stop in Naas (outside JD Sports) to tell them there was no bus and that there was supposed to be a bus, and where was it, and they said that the times on the timetable were wrong.
They changed it within the next week. However I would probably have to ring from every bus stop for them to change all of them.

From my time in customer care and from my own personnal experience the letter should be addressed to the CEO of Bus Éireann and nobody else.

They'll acknowledge it (or his secretary will) and have powers above anyone in the complaint department and will usually do what's best for the customer and any form of cash back or refund doesn't come out of thier department so they'll sign off on it in a second.

The CEO of Bus Eireann is called Tim Hayes and the address is Bus Eireann. Broadstone Dublin 7

this really is the best way to go if you don't get anywhere through normal channels. Then there's also the "executive email carpet bomb" method.

a bloke i worked with always recommended writing complaint letters on coloured paper, so it stands out more in the pile of correspondence. he also had bus eireann on speed dial and every time the bus to Naas was late arriving at dawson street he'd ring them to make sure they knew - not sure if it worked.

One of the most embarrasing experiences of my life.

Has anyone ever dealt with their customer care before?
What are the chances of an apology?

i once sent them an letter and then 2 weeks later sent them a forward of the previous letter. i never heard anything back and never got a response. after no reply, i sent a letter to the minister of transport, nor did he reply to my letter of complaint. they are bollixes.

you were in the right.

i've had terrible experiences with bus eireann in the past. they would drive a person to drive, if i wasn't scared of driving

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back