Buseireann - The last straw. (1 Viewer)

wild_cat

I have two tickets both return which I used to get to Dublin from Enniscorthy. On getting on the bus both of these tickets were stamped once.

I did not return on these tickets as I had a lift the last time and because of what happened today. It was physically impossible for me to have used them as return tickets.

Went to get on the bus, was told on getting on the bus that I had used my tickets before and I would not be traveling today. I told him I had no money and they had only been used once and that the return was not punched. He said no, you wont be travelling. I then returned with, if you dont let me travel I will lodge a formal complaint.

He then said you can complain all you want, I asked for both my tickets back. I then went to talk to an inspector who told me that they had been used twice when they hadnt.

I then went spastic. I told him if he didnt let me on the bus I would call Joe Duffy tomorrow. He then said to me "Find some one else to deal with it".

I had no money, no credit etc so I had a panic attack right outside of bus eireann, started roaring crying and all. ( the worst thing in the world to me is being called a liar hence my horrible reaction.)

Sent my mother a call me, she told me to go back in and talk to them nicely, after i'd calmed down. I then went back in, still crying as I didnt know what to do. Went up to the information desk and the lady told me that they were valid and she called the head inspector again. Still crying I told him I had no money ,that they were vaild and that I was sorry for speaking to him the way I did. He said "I dont deal with threats, but I will get you on the 6.30 bus"

So he got me on the 6.30 bus, I thanked him, but he didnt apologise once. Im thinking that he only got me on the bus was due to the state I was in.

One of the most embarrasing experiences of my life.

Has anyone ever dealt with their customer care before?
What are the chances of an apology?

Did ya get the inspectors name? Was it the same inspector that told ya no and then a different one who got you on the bus or the same guy?

That's pretty shit. The Bus Eireann tickets are a bit weird and archaic. If you buy a return ticket, it is valid for one trip one way and one trip the other, not two trips the same way. Same for 10 journey ones (if I buy a 10 journey ticket betwen A and B and I try to use it for the first time between B and A, they won't take it). I'm led to believe that it's a hassle for the driver to accept tickets for the wrong way (he/she has to "turn" the machine) and technically accepting tickets for the wrong way is not allowed. Of course, none of this is your fault. The driver really should have explained it to you about this and the inspector shouldn't have called you a liar and apologised. I'd complain if I were you.

That's pretty shit. The Bus Eireann tickets are a bit weird and archaic. If you buy a return ticket, it is valid for one trip one way and one trip the other, not two trips the same way. Same for 10 journey ones (if I buy a 10 journey ticket betwen A and B and I try to use it for the first time between B and A, they won't take it). I'm led to believe that it's a hassle for the driver to accept tickets for the wrong way (he/she has to "turn" the machine) and technically accepting tickets for the wrong way is not allowed. Of course, none of this is your fault. The driver really should have explained it to you about this and the inspector shouldn't have called you a liar and apologised. I'd complain if I were you.

Both tickets were purchased in Enniscorthy, so they were Enniscorthy - Dublin return tickets. I only used them to get to dublin so I had my return on both. I'm 100% in the right. Your right about their horrible system... sometimes the tickets are stamped when I get on sometimes not. Never had a problem with a one punched ticket before.

GAH... I'll be complaining........

Both tickets were purchased in Enniscorthy, so they were Enniscorthy - Dublin return tickets. I only used them to get to dublin so I had my return on both. I'm 100% in the right. Your right about their horrible system... sometimes the tickets are stamped when I get on sometimes not. Never had a problem with a one punched ticket before.

GAH... I'll be complaining........

Ok yeah that's really shit. Complain and then complain again.

I had a vendor's city link username and password memorized for their ticket printing site that I will never use. If you'd wanted to go to Galway I could have totally sorted you out. Cruel fate.

I like memorizing things I'm not supposed to.

Take a shit in a plastic bag, and put the tickets in with them. Put the bag in a box, and attach your letter of complaint to the outside of the box with a bit of cellotape. That should get their attention.

Sorry to hear that Roisin.

I work for the Governement, on phones alot of the time and it does become annoying when the caller saying they'll "call Joe Duffy". To be honest nobody gives a shit if they'll call JD.

That is all.

I worked in a Bus Eireann ticket office years ago, my old man has put in 40 years there and his father before him. I must say it could do with a bit of a shake up but all in all the drivers/people i worked with were pretty decent. Of course there are pricks working there that wouldn't know customer service if it bit them in the ass, but i've seen some other drivers go far beyond the call of duty for some people.

As for the complaints procedure, I would say send a letter but everything is heresay so I would guess you won't get a positive response.

As for the complaints procedure, I would say send a letter but everything is heresay so I would guess you won't get a positive response.

without knowing the ins and out of the procedures... this gives me the impression they have shoddy customer service and complaints procedures.

I would reckon that 99% of customer complaints are heresay because nobody on the shop floor is properly managing the service/customer "interface".

How an organisation responds to compliants is often relfective of the culture and if a complaint like roisin's get's a poor response this is a very bad reflection on Buseireann.

without knowing the ins and out of the procedures... this gives me the impression they have shoddy customer service and complaints procedures.

I would reckon that 99% of customer complaints are heresay because nobody on the shop floor is properly managing the service/customer "interface".

How an organisation responds to compliants is often relfective of the culture and if a complaint like roisin's get's a poor response this is a very bad reflection on Buseireann.

Yeah, I see what you're saying. She should try to get the name/details of the woman who confirmed her tickets were valid, I think this would offer a better chance of success.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back