Bugbear (2 Viewers)

nessy said:
guys.. make sure you have all the virus updates - its doing the rounds bigtime

tell me about it.
there's a handy removal tool called stinger here
it fits on a floppy and it also takes care of lovegate, klez, nimda, sircam and a few others.

conor said:
tell me about it.
there's a handy removal tool called stinger here
it fits on a floppy and it also takes care of lovegate, klez, nimda, sircam and a few others.

Treat stinger with caution - it fucked unmercifully with one of the computers here a few months ago :(

Hi.

Yep, I can confirm it's a bitch.
Due to no update on our virus scanner, our office has been infected.
I've been trying to get rid of this virus for a week. I might as well ask before I back up everything and reinstall windows: Do I have any other options?
The files that have been quarantined are insignificant (!) looking system files and some Internet Explorer related files.

Yours hopefully,

Tearing My Hair Out,
Leeson Street

P.S. Aaarg! :confused:

Burgerbarbaby said:
Hi.

Yep, I can confirm it's a bitch.
Due to no update on our virus scanner, our office has been infected.
I've been trying to get rid of this virus for a week. I might as well ask before I back up everything and reinstall windows: Do I have any other options?
The files that have been quarantined are insignificant (!) looking system files and some Internet Explorer related files.

Yours hopefully,

Tearing My Hair Out,
Leeson Street

P.S. Aaarg! :confused:
nerd. How was the weekend?? !ninjaaaa

ah jaysus lads... Bugbear.b is doing the rounds since 5th June - there's no fucking excuse for not having your virus definitions up to date.

i love this bit:
The worm checks the domain name of the system on which it is executed. Bugbear.B contains a list of over 1300 domain names that belong to different banks (due to the length of this list, we have not published it here, however, a complete list of the affected domains can be viewed in a text file, here). If the domain name of the infected system matches one of the listed names, the worm e-mails out the extra data (apart from key logging information that is sent out from all affected systems) containing cached dial-up passwords. Also, the data collected from the affected bank domains is sent to different
e-mail addresses.

pete said:
ah jaysus lads... Bugbear.b is doing the rounds since 5th June - there's no fucking excuse for not having your virus definitions up to date.

Yes, I know.
First, we had another virus which fucked us up rightly (The Backdoor one) and now as a consequence we have Bugbear. And I don't really know what I'm doing.

More later if I don't have a heart attack first.

B

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back