Broadband advice (1 Viewer)

I'm on imagine. Never had a single problem with them. The one time the network went down for upgrades they notified all customers a week in advance and it was only for about an hour or two.

I'm on Imagine too.
No problems at all and pretty damn cheap too.

I've heard the Ripwave is bad but no personal experience.

I really wanna drop NYL but need advice on some one new. Unfortuanally, there is no signal to my gaff from Irish Broadband..

I really want some one with no cap either - we must be the only country it the world that the ISPs still cap on..

30 euro a month or there abouts.

Smart Broadband sounds too good to be true...

Any one use em?

How is it any of their business what you choose to use the internet for?

The are starting to make it their business. They are trying to push for a system in the US where preferance is given to traffic they like - so if a provider has a deal done with iTunes (for example) - traffic to a from iTunes will be given priority over other traffic.

do a search for "network neutrality"

pretty worrying stuff.

anyone have the irish broadband ripwave "broadband in a box" thingie? is it any good?

I tried asking for this in maplins a while back and the guy looked at me like I was a drooling mental defective. He could not be convinced that I wasn't inventing the thing and that I tought a wireless router could pluck broadband out of the sky.

I have Metro Lite with Digiweb - very happy overall. its 1MBs and I pay a 5er a month to increase the download limit to 20G

they are pretty strict about hobling you if you go ove the limit but at least they dont charge you!

Hmm - the Catch with Smart is that u have to rent a phoneline from them too at 25 euro a month...

You can't keep your old number either..

I'm still thinking about it..

Had the phone with smart and went back to eircom - I wouldnt touch then with a bargepole.

Terrible terrible terrible company

Really - I have had pretty must the opposite opinion from a lot of other ppl but this was with regard to their BB not phone..

What problems did u have?

Here's a thread about it i made on Boards.ie..

Actually - there is one guy saying they are shit...

Not sure what to do - I pay 30 a month for an NTL 3gig line.

I can get a 4 gig one for 20 from Smart but I need to get their phone too.
If it worked as good as it sounds i would but its a 12 month contract, so i'm
a bit slow to change.

Apparentely not as you have to get a phone to get the Broadband.

NTL did phones for a while and withdrew them.

Does anyone know what happens if you sign a year long contract with eircom or SMART but renege on it after 9 months or so? Do they chase you up or not?

Seriously? I started with them and was constantly offline. I would ring and be told it was my firewall or that I had a virus. About 4 hours later it started working again. This happened regularly. I was offline about 40% of the time. I think your the first person I've ever heard of who hasn't had problems with them. I know a good few people who've switched away because of the same problems.

I tried asking for this in maplins a while back and the guy looked at me like I was a drooling mental defective. He could not be convinced that I wasn't inventing the thing and that I tought a wireless router could pluck broadband out of the sky.

I have Metro Lite with Digiweb - very happy overall. its 1MBs and I pay a 5er a month to increase the download limit to 20G

they are pretty strict about hobling you if you go ove the limit but at least they dont charge you!

I have broadband over the phone line and I'm thinking of switching to the Metro broadband because I'm sick of paying a stupidly high line rental fee to Eircom. People I know say that Metro has got poor coverage, but I've not heard an account from anyone who has actually tried it so I'm not sure if its true or just some hearsay.

Have you had any problems with your connection? And do you know if its possible to test the strength of the signal before committing to a contract?

Every now and then I get so pissed at NTL - So i make a thread...

Ok i'll really do think i need to get off NTL - the service has been shitty all day. Can't play WOW cos my ping is so shit (sad huh). I rang them and they have no idea (the guy suggested I might have went over my 30gig limit - which i prolly have), but didn't know if this would affect me or not..

Any way he said I'd get a call back....They NEVER CALL BACK..

I can't get IBB becasue my gaff has no LoS to their mast or something.

Can't get SMART as i want to keep my phone.

ANY OTHER OPTIONS?

I'd like a 3meg line - it would be nice to have no cap or at least a ISP that doesn't give a shit if I go over the cap..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back