BREXIT (3 Viewers)

I think it was the stubborn ā€œhereā€™s my opinion but itā€™s mathsā€ bit that has broken @magicbastarder
I know this seems wildly hard for people to deal with but

I counted up numbers very roughly and there was about 3 left over and when i tried to account for it in changes it seemed to be in particular place - so i said that.

It's not my opinion that there is 3 left over. If it said there was 150% left over and it was clearly a PBP landslide, then that would be opinion, but when you add things up and get a number, that is maths.

Pbs Nature Sea GIF by Nature on PBS

I know this seems wildly hard for people to deal with but

I counted up numbers very roughly and there was about 3 left over and when i tried to account for it in changes it seemed to be in particular place - so i said that.

It's not my opinion that there is 3 left over. If it said there was 150% left over and it was clearly a PBP landslide, then that would be opinion, but when you add things up and get a number, that is maths.
Correct, it is maths to say there is a different value. It was the ā€œthe numbers are different and therefore this reason because mathsā€ that was the part that didnā€™t add up. Statistics are not an abstract truth, context is everything and coincidences are common - a 3% drop in one does not infer that a 3% rise in the other has happened.

To go back to your weather example, itā€™s like saying that it was 19 degrees yesterday in Dublin and 40 degrees in Perth and today itā€™s 22 degrees in Dublin and 37 degrees in Perth - those 3 degrees didnā€™t switch places. And thatā€™s talking about an actually quantitative measure (degrees) versus a descriptive statistic (percentage). If you were to use percentages, it would be a 15% increase in Dublin and a 7.5% decrease in Perth. Itā€™s all maths but not all maths is equal.

Correct, it is maths to say there is a different value. It was the ā€œthe numbers are different and therefore this reason because mathsā€ that was the part that didnā€™t add up. Statistics are not an abstract truth, context is everything and coincidences are common - a 3% drop in one does not infer that a 3% rise in the other has happened
in case where the total is 100% and that was the context, 3% drop does need to be balanced by 3% somewhere else. It did add up, ye's just didn't like it or somehting

I brough the weather into to try and show ye's how nebulous ye's have gone on it.

in case where the total is 100% and that was the context, 3% drop does need to be balanced by 3% somewhere else. It did add up, ye's just didn't like it or somehting

I brough the weather into to try and show ye's how nebulous ye's have gone on it.
Ok, given youā€™ve used a cloud pun about the weather, Iā€™ll give you your last word.

I know a few of you know more about that part of the world than I do.
I guess if it's transcending sectarian divides, then that's good?? I don't know, I never thought I'd see that, but if you say so I'll believe you.
I would like to think so too
But I think the Unionists are becoming even more hardline - fear of extinction
BUt I am not a Nordie

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Poor Creature
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loadingā€¦
Back