BREXIT (1 Viewer)

I think it was the stubborn “here’s my opinion but it’s maths” bit that has broken @magicbastarder
I know this seems wildly hard for people to deal with but

I counted up numbers very roughly and there was about 3 left over and when i tried to account for it in changes it seemed to be in particular place - so i said that.

It's not my opinion that there is 3 left over. If it said there was 150% left over and it was clearly a PBP landslide, then that would be opinion, but when you add things up and get a number, that is maths.

Pbs Nature Sea GIF by Nature on PBS

I know this seems wildly hard for people to deal with but

I counted up numbers very roughly and there was about 3 left over and when i tried to account for it in changes it seemed to be in particular place - so i said that.

It's not my opinion that there is 3 left over. If it said there was 150% left over and it was clearly a PBP landslide, then that would be opinion, but when you add things up and get a number, that is maths.
Correct, it is maths to say there is a different value. It was the “the numbers are different and therefore this reason because maths” that was the part that didn’t add up. Statistics are not an abstract truth, context is everything and coincidences are common - a 3% drop in one does not infer that a 3% rise in the other has happened.

To go back to your weather example, it’s like saying that it was 19 degrees yesterday in Dublin and 40 degrees in Perth and today it’s 22 degrees in Dublin and 37 degrees in Perth - those 3 degrees didn’t switch places. And that’s talking about an actually quantitative measure (degrees) versus a descriptive statistic (percentage). If you were to use percentages, it would be a 15% increase in Dublin and a 7.5% decrease in Perth. It’s all maths but not all maths is equal.

Correct, it is maths to say there is a different value. It was the “the numbers are different and therefore this reason because maths” that was the part that didn’t add up. Statistics are not an abstract truth, context is everything and coincidences are common - a 3% drop in one does not infer that a 3% rise in the other has happened
in case where the total is 100% and that was the context, 3% drop does need to be balanced by 3% somewhere else. It did add up, ye's just didn't like it or somehting

I brough the weather into to try and show ye's how nebulous ye's have gone on it.

in case where the total is 100% and that was the context, 3% drop does need to be balanced by 3% somewhere else. It did add up, ye's just didn't like it or somehting

I brough the weather into to try and show ye's how nebulous ye's have gone on it.
Ok, given you’ve used a cloud pun about the weather, I’ll give you your last word.

I know a few of you know more about that part of the world than I do.
I guess if it's transcending sectarian divides, then that's good?? I don't know, I never thought I'd see that, but if you say so I'll believe you.
I would like to think so too
But I think the Unionists are becoming even more hardline - fear of extinction
BUt I am not a Nordie

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back