BREXIT (9 Viewers)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Godwin's Law aside, isn't this invention of an imagined not fully human enemy in order to generate and focus hatred, thus distracting from real current problems, a defining tactic of certain political movements?

This is where the Conservative Party under Sunak is now? Suela Braverman, Priti Patel, and Sunak just openly preaching BNP pamphlet slogans.

Was Thatcher less awful than these people? She just hated poor people in general. Possibly the Irish, but we could give her that one.

Godwin's Law aside, isn't this invention of an imagined not fully human enemy in order to generate and focus hatred, thus distracting from real current problems, a defining tactic of certain political movements?

I mean yes - but there might be a slight difference that needs to be looked at here. He's not inventing the boogieman in this case, he's just harnessing a polarization that society had already created.
He's also falling into a moral compass role that possibly was the queen's 'job' up until now, because the brits fucking love being told what to do.
It's not great for england really.

I mean yes - but there might be a slight difference that needs to be looked at here. He's not inventing the boogieman in this case, he's just harnessing a polarization that society had already created.
He's also falling into a moral compass role that possibly was the queen's 'job' up until now, because the brits fucking love being told what to do.
It's not great for england really.
OK, fair. He didn't invent this boogieman, but choosing that subject to amplify and use as a rallying call says a lot.
I had assumed that he was a reasonably intelligent technocrat type, centered himself around money, had a vague disdain for the poor, but wasn't an actively vile person.
A nothing person pretty much, the sort of person who'd pretend not to notice a gay bashing, as opposed to the sort of person that might assist in one.

I guess we know now at least.

The kind of lad that doesn't care what he says. Advisors advise and that's that. Give him the script. They have crunched the numbers and this must give them the most floating votes in the necessary areas.

OK, fair. He didn't invent this boogieman, but choosing that subject to amplify and use as a rallying call says a lot.
I had assumed that he was a reasonably intelligent technocrat type, centered himself around money, had a vague disdain for the poor, but wasn't an actively vile person.
A nothing person pretty much, the sort of person who'd pretend not to notice a gay bashing, as opposed to the sort of person that might assist in one.

I guess we know now at least.

Well I think at large - he just doesn't care about anyone who isn't made of Oil. This was written before he got in:

Sunak, who is currently commanding the most Tory votes, at first glance appears to have a fairly clean register of interests. However, Sunak and his family are intimately linked to the fossil fuel industry through his wife Akshata Murty’s stake in the transnational IT services firm Infosys, one of whose top clients is oil giant Shell.

Then in summer 2023

The U.K. will grant hundreds of new oil and gas licenses for the North Sea as Rishi Sunak's government continues to lean on fossil fuels as part of its energy strategy.

The U.K. prime minister said Monday that approving the new licenses would “bolster” energy security and create jobs, as well as build space for carbon capture usage and storage (CCUS) projects. But his plans drew an immediate backlash from green groups, and one prominent Conservative MP.

The North Sea Transition Authority (NSTA) is expected to grant the first license in the fall, with over 100 set to be approved in total.

All he needs to do really is consolidate a seat for himself so he can do this kind of shit - the political sphere he's been birthed into consists of Wokes and Terfs, and Woke's don't vote Tory so his politcal bed is ready made - he can either try and make england better or just stick both feet into the boots that were sitting there already and fuck around assisting shell do horrible shit for another term. Between that and the immigrant stuff he's a british as beef to the core tory voters and that's all the work he has to do in todays England.

I know I was bitching about hs2 hearlier in the week and this beeing effectively smoke and mirrors, but it is - the wokes* are so easy to agitate he's set their script for a next week in one sentence. He gets the train cancelled, gets the drilling lined up for another generation and it's easy street for the Sunak's for a few generations, why would he care about the Gays? He'll have his gigggling Tory scriptwriters dreaming up something worse while everyone else chases twitter Kudos for reacting to the last script. Easy money.

*Technically I'm one of the the wokes - I'm sure thumped isn't wildy enthused about it becoming a noun, but it has - so for shorthand I'm using it. No one needs to start big chat tomorrow to analyse my crudentials..

Every time I see "Brexit" on here, I get excited that people will actually be talking about something that affects Ireland.
And yet it's always about the inner political workings of a country that basically doesn't know we exist.
I respect that y'all are into what you're into, but it's a very weird obsession, this thing with the Brits and HS2 and what Sunaks is and isn't up to and the Tories and labour and their goings on. Fuck 'em.

For the political obsessions I don't get thread, I guess.

Last edited:
this is why you don't use whatsapp for work.

It's pretty gas. Apparently calling someone a cunt at work is not allowed now.

This was interesting:

with apologies to @Deadmanposting in advance.

this guy is really upping the prick level.

alternatively we could regard it as a victory of sorts that the march is widely viewed as legitimate, popular, democratic, broad-based, etc... meanwhile, opposition to the march is so thin and brittle that it almost immediately devolves into intra-elite bickering and jockeying among senior tories, police chiefs, media pundits, and other assorted ghouls

alternatively we could regard it as a victory of sorts that the march is widely viewed as legitimate, popular, democratic, broad-based, etc... meanwhile, opposition to the march is so thin and brittle that it almost immediately devolves into intra-elite bickering and jockeying among senior tories, police chiefs, media pundits, and other assorted ghouls
When the head of the met is on the side of popular democracy you know we’re approaching end-times

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back