BREXIT (10 Viewers)

anyway, apparently that GB news channel is dying on its feet. andrew neil has already walked away from it. they're claiming he's just taking annual leave, which would be curious timing.
I see a lot of talk about this but i'm not so confident it's over. The entire point of GB news is to be the news, not tell it, they don't need viewers as long as people are talking about what they're saying, you know? We'll see though, maybe the plug will be pulled.

my wife read his bio/memoir, and said he doesn't come across as a humble man at all in it.
My friend had tickets to see his spoken word/Q&A thing at the National Stadium in December 2019 and invited me along. While he was entertaining, he was thoroughly unlikeable in that typical Jeremy Clarkson, “anti-woke” way. Not surprised he voted for Brexit.

There was a bit where he condescendingly told the Irish audience that they were wrong to not like him waving a Union Jack on stage because history.

Not overly surprising though.
The Union Jack thing though, it is actually kind of a matter of perspective isn't it. Like the song is about the charge of the light brigade basically isn't it, and you could point out that loads of the soldiers involved in that were Irish, like a fair proportion of the British army at the time, so he's just waving the flag that represented all those lads.

On the other hand, the erudite and educated savant will of course simply point out that the Butcher's Apron is the Butcher's Apron, so fuck it.

imagine going back to 2016 and telling everyone that one of the things they’ll be arguing about in norniron in 2021 would be something called a “chilled meats grace period.” it sounds like a melvins album title

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yo yo yo, y'all listening to Chilled Meats. J to the Donaldson, B to the Johnson, Massive spect to Ardern, out, and Poots, out. We got a very special appearance by The South. You wanna see these sausages geting made, get me? Hold tight the two six, I see you bruv.

Not overly surprising though.
The Union Jack thing though, it is actually kind of a matter of perspective isn't it. Like the song is about the charge of the light brigade basically isn't it, and you could point out that loads of the soldiers involved in that were Irish, like a fair proportion of the British army at the time, so he's just waving the flag that represented all those lads.

On the other hand, the erudite and educated savant will of course simply point out that the Butcher's Apron is the Butcher's Apron, so fuck it.
I think the second part of your post is the important part.

imagine going back to 2016 and telling everyone that one of the things they’ll be arguing about in norniron in 2021 would be something called a “chilled meats grace period.” it sounds like a melvins album title

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

does that mean the 12th of July deadline is gone? Awww I was so looking forward to seeing what the Orangeys were gonna do on that day.

Doesn't this three-month grace period show that there is no actual food safety threat on importing/exporting this chilled meat?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back