BREXIT (18 Viewers)

had a very brief visit to England on wednesday and thursday. Theres a very surreal atmosphere about the place. Maybe I was imagining it, or maybe I'm just being paranoid, but everyone just seems to be suspicious of everyone else.

Let's be honest here though, this isn't about foreign and non-foreign. This is about white-anglo-saxon, and everyone else. And if you're not in the white-anglo-saxon category, you have every reason to be suspicious of everyone who is, IMO.

And that stuff in the papers this week about companies having to declare the nationalities of their employees? I work for a multinational, and one thing that becomes apparent from the first day you set foot in the office of a multinational, is that nationality isn't even any kind of consideration. Its just normal that there are people from everywhere, and without the ability to have people from everywhere working there, the company could not function. That is the same in the offices of every English-speaking country I've visited.

If the brits start playing hardball with the multis, you can sure they'll up sticks and get the fuck out of there.

Another thing you learn about multis pretty early on, they don't do loyalty. Not to people and not to a place.

This is all very positive for Ireland, you'd have to think.

Britain is an outward-looking nation

A-man-peering-through-a-s-002.jpg

Amazing. So BREXIT cannot be enacted under royal perogative. It has to be passed by parliment, under a court ruling just now.

This is so entertaining, watching the brits flounder. For a so-called superpower you'd imagine a bunch of 8-year olds would manage this situation better.

Amazing. So BREXIT cannot be enacted under royal perogative. It has to be passed by parliment, under a court ruling just now.

This is so entertaining, watching the brits flounder. For a so-called superpower you'd imagine a bunch of 8-year olds would manage this situation better.

This could be Corbyn's path to power, because it doesn't look like he can win an election. However if Tory remainers don't vote to leave they're putting their seats at risk to UKIPPers. Tories lose a bunch of seats, Labour becomes the largest party, forms a coalition with rag tag band of Lib Dems, SNPers and the one Green that Brighton elects.

This could be Corbyn's path to power, because it doesn't look like he can win an election. However if Tory remainers don't vote to leave they're putting their seats at risk to UKIPPers. Tories lose a bunch of seats, Labour becomes the largest party, forms a coalition with rag tag band of Lib Dems, SNPers and the one Green that Brighton elects.

I reckon it'll lead to a 2nd referendum. I can't see parliment going against the will of the majority. On the other hand, the major in parliment don't want to leave the EU.

Corbyn just posted a statement on Twitter
Some waffle about "a Brexit that works best for the British people"
And with that a ray of hope.....

Fucking clown
Couldn't lead a cow into a barn.

I reckon it'll lead to a 2nd referendum. I can't see parliment going against the will of the majority. On the other hand, the major in parliment don't want to leave the EU.

Possibly, but it'll more likely lead to a watered down version of Brexit being voted through Parliament... Voting against 'the will of the people' would be disaster for the Tories..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back