BREXIT (15 Viewers)

The tories went bad jacketing Corbyn with the anti semite branding iron during the last campaign if anyone can remember that, and obviously the brits are still in the trenches of ww2 in their heads so that works pretty well over there, and it kinda works on lefty twitter too to the point I saw some pretty sane people repeating it.

You can't walk someone back from that one and win an election.

Well its understandable that a new leader would try to take a party in a new direction and also understandable that they would want to clear up any previous controversy surrounding that party not least one that is detrimental to winning an election. It still seems incredible that a figure as recently prominent as Corbyn has been effectively booted out even if all he had to do to regain the whip was apologise or publicly accept that there were indeed issues of anti semitisim within Labour notwithstanding the meal that was made of out of it in the media.

I suppose it has allot to do with infighting or the split within the Labour party itself and it is at the same time the fourth year now since Corbyn lost his third consecutive election. I could actually see him sitting in parliament as an independent maybe a little like the single Green Party MP from Brighton. Starmer of course is relatively new to politics compared to someone like Corbyn but realistically he stands a good chance of becoming PM.

I don't see any other option for labour supporters at this stage other than to support Starmer.

If starmer is the best the brits can cough up for opposition then I'd vote for him. The Tory rotation that's gone on since Cameron cannot be rewarded. Liz truss returning to politics, Theresa May sidelined for being sorta competetent. Boris lingering like a shadow. Starmer might be essentially a Tory, but a Tory victory after that circus is dark ages shit. The party that can't produce a taoiseach being returned ad infinitum. Pension rotation games to ensure the Tory class are golden for another generation.

By the by it's a product of the English devotion to the caste system.

Any 1-2% swing that gets it moving off that Monopoly square is progress at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back