BREXIT (13 Viewers)

Sky's Beth Rigby on the day in Westminster
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Rigby is a rarity in a desert of Nick Robinsons and Laura Keunssbergs. She asks proper questions, she doesn't want to be matey with politicians and goes for the jugular when she hears bullshit.
She reminds me a bit of Tim Marshall's reporting on the Middle East in the 2000's for Sky News i.e. Rigby is unusual in that she simply tries to do her job properly.

the youtube comments are almost completely damning.
a lot of people mention mortgages and interest rates and some have calculated how worse off they are now.

Preferential voting. That is what is needed.

Yeah, it is.
FPTP voting favours a two party system. The beneficiaries of a two party system are those two parties. Meaning it's in Labour and the Tories' (Republican/Dem's) interest to maintain this current system, meaning it's not getting changed any time soon I guess.

I get the feeling Tories/Reps are on the whole are a more coherent bloc. (Although now the Tories are displaying their factions, this is about to get whipped back into line.)

The only hope would be that Labour tends to be a kind of constellation of left wingers, neolibs, centerists, center right, etc. At the slightest opportunity these factions will be at each other's throats and pulling themselves apart from the inside, nulling out some of the single party benefits. So Labour could kinda sabotage itself (and more importantly The Tories) from having total control indefinitely.

I thought one of the reasons to stick with Boris was that he had the stones to stand up to Putin. I certainly remember Johnson "supporting Ukraine" was on the last reasons he used to try to hang on to power.

Now the only person able to do it is Truss.

Funny how the only person Putin will be concerned about is whoever happens to be leading the Tory party that week.

I thought one of the reasons to stick with Boris was that he had the stones to stand up to Putin. I certainly remember Johnson "supporting Ukraine" was on the last reasons he used to try to hang on to power.

Funny how the only person Putin will be concerned about is whoever happens to be leading the Tory party that week.

That’s satire surely.

Bojo was just better at playing dumb.
i think Truss IS dumb so maybe its more obvious?

Yeah, I wasn't aware she'd done anything to piss off truss?

If you cross the tofu eating guardian readin wokeratti there's no coming back

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back