BREXIT (9 Viewers)

Eddie Izzard going for Westminster

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Huh, my immediate response is that only works for those on the right, but what do I know?

Huh, my immediate response is that only works for those on the right, but what do I know?

Just checked the wiki for the constituency and Labour have always held that seat since it was created in 1983 so it's not like it's a bit of stunt nominating to try to dislodge a vulnerable Tory.

Maybe they think Eddie will be a good MP.

Kwarteng second shortest-serving UK chancellor​

It means Kwarteng is the second shortest-serving UK chancellor on record.
The shortest serving chancellor, Iain Macleod, died of a heart attack 30 days after taking the job in 1970.

not just that he's the second shortest ever - of the four shortest serving chancellors, three of them have been chancellor since 2019.
Quick reminder that some of our grandparents were born in or around the British Empire. An empire whose worldwide dominance wasn't really questioned, where the sun never set; which had limitless land, resources, and wealth.

Today you've got a UK government that's less coherent than your average student's union, increasingly skint by the hour, and everything north of about Leeds is looking shaky. The speed of the downfall is impressive.

At some point the UK is going to have no alternative other than pull the Bobby Ewing from Dallas is not dead the whole thing was a terrible dream option.

The UK will wake up, see the EU in the shower, lie back in the bed clearly relieved the nightmare sequence was over, everyone has to agree to pretend none of the last several years happened, and the UK will revert back to circa 2012.

Because the other options involve selecting how many additional train wrecks are going to crash into the ongoing train wreck, and honestly lads at this point we're starting to run out of trains here.

It's a horrible circus.

I 100% include the public in that though. incompetents bubbling to the top, and the daily mail / twitterati love the drama of it all. it's not about having a govt, its about having someone to scoff at.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

And as pointed out recently on this thread, people in England are trod down by all this.

But in the middle of all that I sorta think truss is the type to go full north korean there

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back