BREXIT (3 Viewers)

I'm not well read enough in Marx to have full on debates about these things but it is amazing how some very basic "whose interest does this serve" questions consistently come up "the rich, and only the rich" answers.

I've heard some people talking about just how beaten down the British electorate is (our own Billygannon talked a bit about this in this very thread iirc), they've been trained to prefer a million people suffering unjustly to one person getting an unearned extra 20 quid a week. Absolutely cannot imagine a better world.

On the whole getting beaten down thing, obvious very anecdotal, but I was at a christening in 2018 or 2019, the parents of the child's brother came back over for it with his English wife.

We were chatting with her and eventually someone asked her "what do you think of this whole Brexit situation" and she said that she was against it, she voted against it, but just wanted it over with at that point. The whole thing had ground her down.

I apologise in advance for saying this now.
And also overall for saying it repeatedly.

But fuck them.
They are reaping the whirlwind.
Fuck the royals, the Tories, new Labour, old Labour, fuck their Judas sellout football teams, fuck their romance of teh brutality of empire, fuck the Great British Baking show, fuck Love island. Fuck all of it.
A country that died years ago and is only finding out now.

Obviously this doesn't include my sister, BIL, nephew, aunt, various cousins etc.
And anyone you know over there.
And George Orwell. And Shaun Keaveney. And the lady that does the cheap recipes.
And Seanc, of course.

But fuck the rest of them. And especially fuck their politics.
It's fucking embarrassing listening to RTE presenters talk about this leadership contest, as giddy as schoolchildren about to get a new teacher. In thrall to a dying shithole. Fuck them.

Again, sorry for saying this all the time. But it bears repeating. At least to me.

But fuck them.
Fuck the royals, the Tories, new Labour, old Labour, fuck their Judas sellout football teams, fuck their romance of teh brutality of empire, fuck the Great British Baking show, fuck Love island. Fuck all of it.

Obviously this doesn't include my sister, BIL, nephew, aunt, various cousins etc.
And George Orwell. And Shaun Keaveney. And the lady that does the cheap recipes.
And Seanc, of course.

It's fucking embarrassing listening to RTE presenters talk about this leadership contest, as giddy as schoolchildren about to get a new teacher. In thrall to a dying shithole. Fuck them.

Again, sorry for saying this all the time. But it bears repeating. At least to me.
sorry, but if your cousins are Brits they don't get an exemption!

But fuck them.

And Seanc, of course.

if they ever get to a post-brexit, post-boris, post-QE2, post-scottish-independence situation, it would be amazing if that could be the beginning of the emergence of England as a normal nation — whatever that means. there’s so much that is truly amazing about England and the English. it just gets so often buried under the dead weight of ‘britain,’ of post-imperial delusion, of the ghosts of empire.

It's a sorry looking list on the Conservatives leadership. Rishi looks like a total rabbit in the headlights anytime I have seen him front and centre. (about 3 times)

In the last leadership contest, I thought Tugendhat would be the least worst guy. He was in the military, so at least he has some sense of service or duty. I doubt any of the others do. Truss is frighteningly out of her depth. Sunak simply doesn't understand these things you humans call feelings. They're all pricks though.

And whoever it is it'll be the UK's second unelected head of government. These people have been beaten down so hard.

In the last leadership contest, I thought Tugendhat would be the least worst guy. He was in the military, so at least he has some sense of service or duty. I doubt any of the others do. Truss is frighteningly out of her depth. Sunak simply doesn't understand these things you humans call feelings. They're all pricks though.

And whoever it is it'll be the UK's second unelected head of government. These people have been beaten down so hard.

Third.

That's astounding. Boris sucked up to Merkel and Macron and became woke? What in the name of fuck? And my god the word "elite" has changed its meaning if Boris is not a born-and-bred member of it

those pricks will believe too, because that talking head just looks like such a cartoon limey*

*I am saying this because i saw it in a film from the country america this week

Not Brexit related but the timing of this old advert appearing on my timeline in light of the Panorama findings on S.A.S. war crimes is darkly amusing

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Do you mean Brown? Or am I forgetting a cunt?

I only meant in this run of tory "governance".

theresa May (cameron resignation)
Boris jonston (replaced may after campaigning against her from inside the party)
sir incumbent limey the third (replaced johnston after campaig against him from inside the party).

and I missed John Major as pointed out -

from Cameron entering office in 2010 to the latest possible date for a general election, England will have gone 15 years since a prime minister began their term from out of office.

Holy fuck

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The globalist agenda is set up by, run by, and primarily benefits the City of London fucking Corporation. It's be GREAT if they would end that but what else does the UK do? Builds missiles I guess.

All these people do is fucking win constantly, get everything they ever wanted, and they still won't stop whining.

Last edited:
Are there any smart Tories?

Have they all been marginalised to the back benches over recent years.

I don't mean are there any good tories, the answer is obviously no.

But the lot that have been front and centre in recent years all seem spectacularly dim.

People seemed to think that Sunak was the brains of the operation but as chancellor of the exchequer he's one of the least relevant senior British ministers WRT Irish life so I never thought much about him. Also he never ended up on a 45 second clip on twitter debasing himself over some Brexit argument.
How do we mean smart here?

I'd say that the vast majority of them would be intellectually strong, including Johnson.
I'd even say that most of them would be personable enough and likable if you met them (assuming they wanted to interact with you).

The monsters live among us.

I guess you'd want to be careful about thinking that the statements Tories make to the public are reflections of their intellect. They're recruiting voters, and the voters they're mainly recruiting are low income / low education people. The statements made are directed to resonate and be understood with that demographic. They do not need to drag nuance or intellectualism into the picture, that's the sort of bullshit elite leftwinger types do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back