BREXIT (9 Viewers)

can someone confirm that i'm not losing it, in that an article about the results of a survey on brexit makes no mention of what the actual survey results are?

Yougov and the likes usually send out PR's with a few headlines in them and i suspect that's what that quote is - which is i think based on this table.

Attachments

• survey-result.png
    survey-result.png
    560 KB · Views: 2
Fucking Teflon legend this man. The smears and scurrilous libels just bounce off the slick cunt

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

His plan is to further cut taxes for the rich, further cut welfare for the poor, and accelerate privatizing the NHS. Nice and simple. Money line goes up in the immediate term, there is no future or past.

Jeez, yis are all mad into the Brits and their hijinks

Spare a thought for poor ol' Big Si who has to pretend to be upset about this

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220710-083852.png
    Screenshot_20220710-083852.png
    339.3 KB · Views: 14
Thought this was interesting:

To save yiz from clicking through to see the graphs:

FXIStgzWYAAxqi6

FXIStotXgAApfHT

It is kind of funny how "liberal" is on the far left of the graph under social values but would map onto the far right under economic values, and we just throw these terms about in a blender across the various kinds of media depending on our mood.

Was reading something the other day where they had capitalized "The Left" as if it was an actual political party in the USA or something.

The second graph on social issues really hints at why the Tories are hitting the culture war stuff so hard. I'd guess that the stuff in that graph pulling Labour voters right is probably brexit/immigration but what's moving the Tory MPs to the left of their base there is that with obvious exceptions (JRM and others on choice) they're probably better in general on things like equal marriage/abortion rights than their base are.

Why the Tory voters are more left economically than their MPs. They probably buy the whole bootstrappy if you work hard you can make it line whereas their MPs, who for the most part are already highly privileged have no interest in creating a system that rewards that hard work if it means it'll impact negatively on already existing capital.

It is kind of funny how "liberal" is on the far left of the graph under social values but would map onto the far right under economic values, and we just throw these terms about in a blender across the various kinds of media depending on our mood.

Was reading something the other day where they had capitalized "The Left" as if it was an actual political party in the USA or something.

It's the ol' imperialist hegemony of American political terminology and thinking innit?

What'd be a better term? Progressive probably has that American thing on it too.

Radical?

Why the Tory voters are more left economically than their MPs. They probably buy the whole bootstrappy if you work hard you can make it line whereas their MPs, who for the most part are already highly privileged have no interest in creating a system that rewards that hard work if it means it'll impact negatively on already existing capital.
I'm not well read enough in Marx to have full on debates about these things but it is amazing how some very basic "whose interest does this serve" questions consistently come up "the rich, and only the rich" answers.

I've heard some people talking about just how beaten down the British electorate is (our own Billygannon talked a bit about this in this very thread iirc), they've been trained to prefer a million people suffering unjustly to one person getting an unearned extra 20 quid a week. Absolutely cannot imagine a better world.

One of the non conspiracy reasons Corbyn lost I'd say was because no one could imagine the politics of Westminster actually improving their lives in any way, what he was offering felt like absolute fairyland talk. As far as they're concerned they don't deserve better anyway. I suppose that's why someone like Mick Lynch stood out so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back