Break-ups (1 Viewer)

There is nothing more frustrating than someone giving unasked for advice especially if they are analysing your activities. I had a similar experience before and if I had a stressful day at work and was in a quiet mood I was denying my feelings or if I was talking too much I was not being reflective enough.

Its sooooooooooo annoying and I had to get out of that one fast. I found it tends to come from those training to be a counsellor as I've had a couple of experiences like this. Obviously thats very general just my experience

There is nothing more frustrating than someone giving unasked for advice especially if they are analysing your activities. I had a similar experience before and if I had a stressful day at work and was in a quiet mood I was denying my feelings or if I was talking too much I was not being reflective enough.

Its sooooooooooo annoying and I had to get out of that one fast. I found it tends to come from those training to be a counsellor as I've had a couple of experiences like this. Obviously thats very general just my experience

So my ex has just emailed me at work to say that he know's that I'm seeing someone else, and to confirm that he is also seeing someone else. He's said he wants there to be nothing for us to feel awkward about and that he wants to keep up the occassional contact we've had since we broke up (that is the odd msn conversation, not sleeping together or anything).

I feel a little weirded out by this sudden need to get in touch when I'm at work and 'clear the air'. He said it was weird to see I was going out with someone else. Is he trying to make me feel weird back? I mean, WTF?!

I don't reckon he is, I'm a mad fan of clearing the air myself, mostly because it just seems unnecessary to suddenly stop being friends with someone who's a pretty decent person merely because the relationship didn't work out... obviously it depends on the circumstances, but when its relatively amiable I'm a fan of clear air. He could just be thinking about it along those lines.

I feel a little weirded out by this sudden need to get in touch when I'm at work and 'clear the air'. He said it was weird to see I was going out with someone else. Is he trying to make me feel weird back? I mean, WTF?!

that's weird that you feel weirded out, are you sure it's just him saying it's weird that is making you feel weird about the weird possibility that he's trying to make you feel weird back? It's just weird that he'd weird you out like that if there wasn't something weird going on. Weirdly it'd probably be more weird if he wasn't weirded out, which is weird in itself if you think about it... so weird...

That's a bit odd, would have been far more appropriate to send it to your personal email outside of work hours. Sounds like he might have been obsessing over it a bit and anxiously wanted to let you know that he's moved on too, when it seems he hasn't.

I don't reckon he is, I'm a mad fan of clearing the air myself, mostly because it just seems unnecessary to suddenly stop being friends with someone who's a pretty decent person merely because the relationship didn't work out... obviously it depends on the circumstances, but when its relatively amiable I'm a fan of clear air. He could just be thinking about it along those lines.

Agreed with the bold part. Usually I become very close to those I actually have a committed relationship. Seems strange NOT to be friends unless one person is not emotionally capable of handling it. Maybe he's just saying he is capable and now that you're with someone new he hopes you can be too? Or maybe I'm just odd for being good freinds with all my long-term exes?

Agreed with the bold part. Usually I become very close to those I actually have a committed relationship. Seems strange NOT to be friends unless one person is not emotionally capable of handling it. Maybe he's just saying he is capable and now that you're with someone new he hopes you can be too?
But there are more appropriate ways for him to let her know that. First thing on a Monday while at work is hardly the best time for those kinds of conversations.

It's not odd to be friends with an ex, but I do think that sometimes you need a certain level of distance before it can actually happen.

But there are more appropriate ways for him to let her know that. First thing on a Monday while at work is hardly the best time for those kinds of conversations.

It's not odd to be friends with an ex, but I do think that sometimes you need a certain level of distance before it can actually happen.

Honestly, I think people read way too much into simple things. Most of the time when I'd think of things, such as his e-mail, it would be at work. When I'm home or out on the town I'm generally entertained enough to dwell on stuff. At work, my mind is restless and the internet is right there in front of me. It's too easy to quickly type something up and send it along and more often than not, regret.

theweeyin, you seem pretty happy these days (at least via facebook status) so I wouldn't think too hard on it. Enjoy what ever you're doing and don't bother trying to read into anything or assume. It will work itself out, one way or another eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back