Break-ups (1 Viewer)

i went thru a breakup once, dumped by a gal who i'd been with for 7 years. put the zap on my head for a long, long time. affected me in a profound, life-changing way, not to sound too sappy about it.

worst thing about it is that it was done while "Grace" was playing...so i can't listen to Jeff Buckley anymore. not sure if that's an upside or not.

worst thing about it is that it was done while "Grace" was playing...so i can't listen to Jeff Buckley anymore. not sure if that's an upside or not.

yeah for me too there's some records that are terminally associated with such savagely turbulent times.

Blur - The Great Escape is one.
Never liked it much anyway.

yeah for me too there's some records that are terminally associated with such savagely turbulent times.

Blur - The Great Escape is one.
Never liked it much anyway.

now i have an image of you crying while mr robinsons quango plays in the background!

one break up drove me to listen to hardcore punk. angry, angry days....

I've been through quite a few.
None of them were alike.
I instigated most of them.
I hate it when guys cry.
::clef::Breaking up is hard to do::clef::

I am still friends with all of them. :)

I've been through quite a few.
None of them were alike.
I instigated most of them.
I hate it when guys cry.
::clef::Breaking up is hard to do::clef::

I am still friends with all of them. :)

although im friends with the majority of my former loves, the news that one of them had got married caused me to do a dance of relief.

although im friends with the majority of my former loves, the news that one of them had got married caused me to do a dance of relief.

I've been there too... it is a guilty pleasure that you feel though.

Upbeat posting is frowned upon in the break-up thread.

Why? Break-ups are usually for the best. They leave 2 not very well suited people free to find the guy/girl of their dreams. What could be better (in the long run)

In the short term they are full of self-doubt, fear, misery, feelings of self-loathing and suicide threats... but that doesn't last.

Seeing a former lover being happy with someone else when you're still not over the breakup is the worst - as j.p. Donleavy put it (more or less):

"And all at once I felt that sad alarm at seeing a love lost and living in the life of another man."

In the short term they are full of self-doubt, fear, misery, feelings of self-loathing and suicide threats... but that doesn't last.

yes, you do get over it eventually,
however, at the time, it can really be upsetting - intense short term emotion upheaval.

Ro / JP Dunleavy sentiment is pretty spot on too.

Getting over being the one to dump someone can be pretty grim as well. The two toughest break-ups I've been through were ones where I was the one who did the "dumping". In one case, I broke up with someone who was still very much in love with me and I just didn't feel the same way. It broke my heart to do it and I was inconsolable for a long time afterwards.

LEONARD%20COHEN%20-%20Greatest%20hits%20-%20Front.jpg

Leonard understands...

it's been a long time since I've bothered with relationships and such nonsense, but it's my firm opinion that if you break up with someone, either dumped or dumper, and it's final... you have not to see or hear from them for a very long time, 3 months at the very least. Delete their number, burn thier e mail, etc, etc, etc... just do it. You'll be happier in the long run.

harsh, harsh but fair...

Getting over being the one to dump someone can be pretty grim as well. The two toughest break-ups I've been through were ones where I was the one who did the "dumping". In one case, I broke up with someone who was still very much in love with me and I just didn't feel the same way. It broke my heart to do it and I was inconsolable for a long time afterwards.

Agreed 100%

The worst ever was around this time last year. It took me 2 months of agonizing to come to finally come to the conclusion that I had to break up with my fiance. Then another month of trying to get him to understand why. But, now, all are agreed that it was for the best. It was horrible though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back