Break-ups (1 Viewer)

OMG, Pantone, I swear, I'm going to start a service that involves forcing my way into the houses of anyone who is just recently broken up and confiscating ALL Leonard Cohen and Nico and replacing it with LOTS AND LOTS of Springsteen. In fact, I'm going to rent a helicopter and airdrop a fuckload of Springsteen albums all over Dublin. Too many people in this town are totally miserable, and I think all they need is a bit of Bruce.

Theweeyin, listen to Bruce. He makes everything better.

Anyway, you might be really in a bad way now, but it will get easier. I promise. Even if it gets harder first, it's all part of the process of getting better. Scout's honour. I swear it. Thumped loves you.

It's well weird getting in contact with someone who dumped you painfully and you haven't talked to in ages, then realising they're not all that and a bag of chips. In fact, in many ways, they're a type of person you despise.

It's even weirder when you realise you still miss them a bit.

It's well weird getting in contact with someone who dumped you painfully and you haven't talked to in ages, then realising they're not all that and a bag of chips. In fact, in many ways, they're a type of person you despise.

Heartbreaking.

Ciansy got soul.

I'm sorry Jane, I firmly believe you have to face the horror head on, no point pussy footing around, feeling a little bad here and there, when you hear a song, when you're reminded off their face... a little twinge of something... fuck that, cancel all your plans for the weekend, take the phone off the hook, 200 marlbro lights a bottle or two of vodka, a copy of Annie Hall and Lenny, and DEAL WITH IT...

you'll either emerge monday morning a stronger more vital and alive person, or you'll psychologically break yourself for ever more and never let another human being come near you ever again...

but y'know.. at least you'll be there, rather then spending ages wondering if Bobby Joe will call and ending up broken down anway...

Bruce is like two asprin, when all you need is a lobotomy

OMG, Pantone, I swear, I'm going to start a service that involves forcing my way into the houses of anyone who is just recently broken up and confiscating ALL Leonard Cohen and Nico and replacing it with LOTS AND LOTS of Springsteen. In fact, I'm going to rent a helicopter and airdrop a fuckload of Springsteen albums all over Dublin. Too many people in this town are totally miserable, and I think all they need is a bit of Bruce.

Theweeyin, listen to Bruce. He makes everything better.

Anyway, you might be really in a bad way now, but it will get easier. I promise. Even if it gets harder first, it's all part of the process of getting better. Scout's honour. I swear it. Thumped loves you.

well said.
sad but sometimes true.

I'm sorry Jane, I firmly believe you have to face the horror head on, no point pussy footing around, feeling a little bad here and there, when you hear a song, when you're reminded off their face... a little twinge of something... fuck that, cancel all your plans for the weekend, take the phone off the hook, 200 marlbro lights a bottle or two of vodka, a copy of Annie Hall and Lenny, and DEAL WITH IT...

you'll either emerge monday morning a stronger more vital and alive person, or you'll psychologically break yourself for ever more and never let another human being come near you ever again... but y'know.. at least you'll be there, rather then spending ages wondering if Bobby Joe will call and ending up broken down anway...

Bruce is like two asprin when all you need is a lobotomy

No, you're right. I guess I'm just confusing the Nico-Lenny-weep-a-thon with getting better faster. But you're absolutely right. I'm changing my order for the airlift. It's gonna be all Chelsea Girl and So Long, Marianne.

Man, oh, man, I had an Ozzy album as one of my breakup albums once. A long, long time ago. Couldn't listen to it again for ages, and now I hear it and I crack up, and I give Teen Jane a little hug because, oh, how pathetic was that whole period! I cried so much I'm surprised I still have eyes.

One thing I hate about break ups is that time really slows down, or maybe that's because you suddenly have loads of it. Anyway, my last break up was about 10 years ago so what am I giving out about - I'm a happily married young hot thing.

well said.
sad but sometimes true.

Once again we turn to DC Berman, who says..

I wish they didn't set mirrors behind the bar
cause I can't stand to look at my face
when I don't know where you are
Then the feeling fades away
but you sort of wish it would of stayed

inside...the golden days of missing you

I love the idea that the "feeling" of missing someone goes, and you no longer miss the person, but miss the feeling of missing them... The Golden Days of Missing You...

No, you're right. I guess I'm just confusing the Nico-Lenny-weep-a-thon with getting better faster. But you're absolutely right.

...I am?!

uh, I don't think I want to live in a world where cynical emotional ship wrecks like me are right...

another great break up album

Prefab-Sprout-Steve-Mcqueen_280__80025099746633622_20.jpg

Once again we turn to DC Berman, who says..

I love the idea that the "feeling" of missing someone goes, and you no longer miss the person, but miss the feeling of missing them... The Golden Days of Missing You...
what is the word for this? wracking my brain....like when you look back fondly on even bad moments in your life....nostalgia? no...i think there's a better word...like, happiness mixed w/sadness...

edit - i think it's nostalgia....bittersweet yearning for the past.

what a disappointment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back