Bored in Work (catch) 22 (1 Viewer)

28 days later was a bloody brilliant film...freaky as hell.

[nerdy film comment] did you spot the man, and the car driving along ther bridge in the first 20 mins [/nredy film comment]

on a brighter note...

Defiant professor vows to go ahead with public autopsy
Last updated: 20-11-02, 06:23

The maverick doctor behind the first public autopsy in Britain for 170 years vows it is going ahead this evening, despite the threat of police action.

German doctor Professor Gunther von Hagens says he will stage the post-mortem examination before a sell-out audience in London later today.

He has received a written warning from HM Inspector of Anatomy, Dr Jeremy Metters, saying he has alerted police and asked they take "appropriate action".

But the professor insists he feels "perfectly entitled" to carry out the public autopsy, which will be televised by Channel 4.

A Scotland Yard spokesman refused to comment on whether police will attend the gallery, or if the professor will face arrest.

"It appears that Professor von Hagens is planning to undertake a procedure that would constitute a criminal offence under the Anatomy Act," Dr Metters said in a statement.

Neither the professor nor the venue had post-mortem licences under the Anatomy Act, Dr Metters says.

But Professor von Hagens said: "HM Inspector's attitude reminds me of the times when clergymen reserved the right to read the Bible.

"The time is over when the medics can insist on exclusive knowledge about vital medical procedures."

Professor von Hagens said last week that his public autopsy is in defiance of future changes in the law about post-mortem examinations and the storage of body parts, which would stop him bringing his infamous Body Worlds exhibition back to Britain after it closes in February next year.

I once wore an Andy McNab style SAS hardass moustache for a few months. At least I thought it looked hard ass. I was living in Toronto at the time and whenever I wondered onto church st. (big gay street occupied by big gay men) I always felt very very welcome ( I had a shaved head too). Looking back I realise it didn't look as manly as I thought. It was last in a series of facial hair styles I went through over the space of about 2 years - from full on bushy beard to the above mentioned handlebar jobby.
The thing is that looking back at beards and indeed moustaches of times past, you will inevitably shudder at what a hairy tit you looked but there is no denying how much damn fun you had tending to it.

The best moustache I've seen lately was sported by Enda from the Chalets. It made my bosom heave.

Old women with beards are hot.
Young women with moustaches are not.

Originally posted by Dan
Well thanks Snakyprick!!!!!

I've had the full beard( both trimmed and wild), zoro style, chin goatie (no moustche part) both wide and thin, three or four inch long goatie, little tuft just under the lip, but I've settled on the regular goatie for the mo. As long as I can't see my chin I'm happy.

Hey I like your beard, Dan. No really I do.

You're a very attractive Sligoman.

Originally posted by sarah

Saw 28 days later last night and thought
it was great,spent most of the movie with
my hands clutched to me mouth,
did 'God Speed you black emperor'
do the sound track for that moviE?

Theres a bit of music at the start of the trailer for that film, that was also in an rspcc ad a while back and a car ad years ago. I heard it in freebird once, but never asked what it was. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, who's the tune by?

Originally posted by Dan
Theres a bit of music at the start of the trailer for that film, that was also in an rspcc ad a while back and a car ad years ago. I heard it in freebird once, but never asked what it was. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, who's the tune by?

its a brian eno track called atmosphere, as far as i know

its such a cool song i've been trying to get a copy of it for years, i think its on the soundtrack

i is wacko, you nose?

go take a look at the pictures of our good 'ol friend michael here dangling his poor child over the balcony of that berlin hotel. The one thing I find most disturbing about the whole thing, not that he commited the act of dangling the poor little fucked up baby, but the fact he was holding it (what it seems like) by the neck and then smothering it in a nice white towel.

it's all down-hill from here. or was that 10 years ago?

Re: i is wacko, you nose?

Originally posted by enchance
go take a look at the pictures of our good 'ol friend michael here dangling his poor child over the balcony of that berlin hotel. The one thing I find most disturbing about the whole thing, not that he commited the act of dangling the poor little fucked up baby, but the fact he was holding it (what it seems like) by the neck and then smothering it in a nice white towel.

it's all down-hill from here. or was that 10 years ago?

It *was* ten years ago but I can't figure out what happened... Until "Bad" it was cool and then...... he just went nuts...?

go hiontach !

hooked up my ancient school puter to the net-thumped in school :p :p :p

all i have to do now is not get caught by the very conservative nun principal.......

it feels kind of wrong to be on thumped surrounded by crayons and lego and finger painting, but as i'm moving out at last its either this or pay 5 euro an hour in a web cafe in blackrock - is that really expensive or am i being stingey ??

Originally posted by coraline
5 euro an hour in a web cafe in blackrock - is that really expensive or am i being stingey ??

that's hella expensive. 3 europes an hour in places in town...

think the cheapest interweb cafe in town is that one beside the bag shop at the end of o'connell shop. It's where that old cinema used be. as far as i can remember, it's 2 euros an hour. pretty decent speed aswell.

Originally posted by dudley
you live in blackrock? where?

in the apts beside the frascati shopps - me and conor are moving in this weekend :)

how come ?

hey you could come to our housewarming party and sing count me in ;)
its my favourite song...

Originally posted by silo
that's hella expensive. 3 europes an hour in places in town...

hmmm will probably stick with the one in school so.
its old and half the keys stick and the screen is all fuzzy, but its freee and quite fast too.
did denise ever tell you about when she worked in that bag shop on o connell st ?

did denise ever tell you about when she worked in that bag shop on o connell st ?

hah! yeah! she was a security guard! on some wonderful rate like 50p an hour.

she sent me a text a couple of days ago from rome asking for my email address: no mail yet though. have you had any word?

[for other thumped-ers: this is funny because denise is a tiny person. though she can be scary, i suppose.]

Originally posted by silo
hah! yeah! she was a security guard! on some wonderful rate like 50p an hour.

she sent me a text a couple of days ago from rome asking for my email address: no mail yet though. have you had any word?

[for other thumped-ers: this is funny because denise is a tiny person. though she can be scary, i suppose.]

yeah i've got 3 or 4 emails, all very very long and exactly like her talking for ages and ages about various mishaps and romantic disasters, as she does...
if you like i can fwd them to you if you give me your email address.

in the apts beside the frascati shopps - me and conor are moving in this weekend :)

how come ?

hey you could come to our housewarming party and sing count me in ;)
its my favourite song...

really?? wow!

i live on carysfort ave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back