boards.ie is so flipping crap (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on the situation, if you have a link to the thread I'll have a look. If someone needs medical advice we close the thread and refer them to a doctor, I can't comment on that particular case as I don't know the full text.

Mods do meet up for beers and many mods are friends, many are enemies. Who moderates the moderators? The users, the mods, the cmods, the smods and the admins.

No. Moderators almost never cave in due to a good argument from a "User". Most of your other mods and admins just buddy buddy up. We shouldn't have to rely on whether they're "friends" or "enemies" for something to get done.

And I wouldn't dare to claim this wasn't true if you continue to ignore my posts.

Please tell me shit like this didn't actually happen, right?:(:(:(

Oh she has a sticky about it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055149898

There are other stickies which give information and if this educates and lessens the number of OMG am I pregger threads and pms then it it a good thing.

The thread I complained about she told the girl to go see a doctor and locked the thread. As far as I'm concerned, even if you get a thousand posts a day asking the same question and you've a pain in your hole answering them , the poster still deserves a bit of sympathy and kindness. What if they had no-one else to talk to and they were dismissed like that? It breaks my heart thinking about it.

uh, green goblin, why are you even bothering to moan endlessly about this shit?
you dont like it, then dont post there. i have many beefs with it but i still use adverts regularly.

Why not? It's a chance to get it off my chest. People like Gordon are at the end of the day bullies that make people feel down on themselves. It's good to get things like this out in the open so at least people can recognise these kind of people are in the wrong.

Would it be better than such an active messageboard engage in unethical behaviour and go unquestioned?

People who moan about "Moaning" are just apathetic and often not very smart.

Why not? It's a chance to get it off my chest. People like Gordon are at the end of the day bullies that make people feel down on themselves. It's good to get things like this out in the open so at least people can recognise these kind of people are in the wrong.

Would it be better than such an active messageboard engage in unethical behaviour and go unquestioned?

the fact is it aint gonna change. its like moaning about the irish weather.

People who moan about "Moaning" are just apathetic and often not very smart.

I IZ TEH SMART OK>?

The thread I complained about she told the girl to go see a doctor and locked the thread. As far as I'm concerned, even if you get a thousand posts a day asking the same question and you've a pain in your hole answering them , the poster still deserves a bit of sympathy and kindness. What if they had no-one else to talk to and they were dismissed like that? It breaks my heart thinking about it.
If someone asks for medical advice we lock the thread and refer them to their doctor, we aren't qualified to give out medical advice and we aren't in the position to have any form of legal repercussions.

So if I continue to ignore your posts you won't dare to claim that it's true? Erm.. ok.

No, I was talking in the context of "I wouldn't do that if I was you". If you're going to respond to comments like that and not the bulk of what I'm saying, then that doesn't count either since you've already done that.

the fact is it aint gonna change. its like moaning about the irish weather.
Would it be better to live under the illusion that the weather was good? Would it make people feel better not to talk about it?

Talking about things is good. The boards mods obviously don't want you to discuss their actions otherwise they wouldn't act like such cunts when you do.

If someone asks for medical advice we lock the thread and refer them to their doctor, we aren't qualified to give out medical advice and we aren't in the position to have any form of legal repercussions.

Plenty of other forums give "medical advice". Do you really think anyone would have a case suing boards because they followng advice from a member? Why is it not sufficient to have a header saying that advice should be taken with a grain of salt, clear it with your doctor, etc. boards is not liable for any damages?

You only care about rules, not people. You seem to think rules justify themselves.

No, I was talking in the context of "I wouldn't do that if I was you".
But you aren't me.
Plenty of other forums give "medical advice".
Great, let people go there for medical advice :)
Do you really think anyone would have a case suing boards because they followng advice from a member?
Yes
Why is it not sufficient to have a header saying that advice should be taken with a grain of salt, clear it with your doctor, etc. boards is not liable for any damages?
Because that is not sufficient.
You only care about rules, not people. You seem to think rules justify themselves.
Rules are there for reasons, not giving out medical advice for example is a rule because we don't want some idiot troll suggesting to drink bleach to cure the spots on your tummy in the middle of the night/day.

You couldn't give this girl a bit of empathy for legal reasons? Fucked up. I don't know how you sleep at night.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055509679

I`ll say this much, Im 25, female and although my life had pretty much played out like a soap opera this far and Ive had some pretty low moments, this is the closest I have ever felt to actually ending my life.

And the response is:

http://www.samaritans.org/

1850 60 90 90

Please talk to a professional who can help you.

Well I don't believe in god, but I don't mind having a Spaghetti Monster Complex.

More joking yourself out of a situation.

Listen, you're a terrible fucking person incapable of applying even the most basic ethics to online situations. You should not be an admin. I might have some respect for you if you could argue and defend your actions like an adult, instead you are consistantly either ignoring my arguments, or hiding behind rules and technicalities.

This might be a great laugh for you to come over and troll the trolls, but at the end of the day you're a sadist who not only allows things like the pregnancy, suicide situations to happen, you defend them and take pleasure in rubbing it in our faces.

You couldn't give this girl a bit of empathy for legal reasons? Fucked up. I don't know how you sleep at night.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055509679

And the response is:
Quite right, refer them to trained individuals when they start talking about suicide.

We have had many situations on PI in the past where the PI mods talked through suicide OPs and it was very harrowing all round. One mod had to drink half a bottle of brandy after the ordeal he was so shaken up. I think it was then that the decision was made to never let a suicide thread continue, it's best to leave someone's life up to trained professionals.

Quite right, refer them to trained individuals when they start talking about suicide.

Yes, because they are in a completely rational mind, yet somehow are completely unaware of heavily advertised services.

We have had many situations on PI in the past where the PI mods talked through suicide OPs and it was very harrowing all round. One mod had to drink half a bottle of brandy after the ordeal he was so shaken up.
Oh, poor him. One mod takes one for the team and you all get off the hook?

I think it was then that the decision was made to never let a suicide thread continue, it's best to leave someone's life up to trained professionals.
i.e. fuck that shit, if someone kills themselves, I don't want to fork out for fucking brandy.

Your reasoning lacks any human concsience whatsoever.

If you didn't keep electing fucking sociopaths as moderators, they might be able to deal with people's issues a bit better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back