boards.ie is so flipping crap (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'll have an aul post on this thread because it's all the rage.

This thread is stupid.
Gordon is bad at discussion.
Boards.ie is so flipping crap.
Most of us use boards for various things.
Deriving a benefit from Boards.ie and thinking it's crap are NOT MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE THINGS
This thread has made me want to log onto my boards account.
Teh internetz has :heart: for memes

I would say given this is one the few places that gives people a good idea of what the boards mods are really like, it's quite possibly the exact opposite of stupid, it's informative.

This thread is stupid.
Deriving a benefit from Boards.ie and thinking it's crap are NOT MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE THINGS
it's pretty ironic that I started this thread to moan about adverts crapping out now thumped is having it's fair share of downtime, aye pete?

This thread is stupid.
Yes and no. Personally, I don't have a boards account but I might be glad of one in the future. I was reading Green Goblin's comments in work earlier and was pretty bemused and when Diddles started posting I became mildly horrified by that thread being locked.

You couldn't give this girl a bit of empathy for legal reasons? Fucked up. I don't know how you sleep at night.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055509679

And the response is:

But I sort of reckoned that it must be more complicated than that, that the mods were being way over cautious and being heartless too. Thing is, I can't access boards in work so couldn't read the entire post.

The post is beautiful, shocking and sad. It must have taken courage to have written like that and the nastiness of just locking the thread is seriously, seriously fucked up. How fucking shit.

on the one hand there seems to be more than a fair contingent of demented, socially inept, affection starved, power-mongering cunts on that boards site, which is unfortunate.

on the other hand, we dont actually know what that Thaedydal creature actually did. They might have locked the thread for the protection of that poor girl, and they might have sent her an pleasant explanation of what was happening, why it has to happen, maybe some nice words, and a recommendation to talk to actual professionals.

We just dont know.

If Thaedydal did privately send something considerate to her then nice one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back