boards.ie is so flipping crap (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
can this thread be rename something along the lines of

"boards.ie members finally get to say what they want to say without getting banned"

but punchier

can this thread be rename something along the lines of

"boards.ie members finally get to say what they want to say without getting banned"

but punchier

Well it is great to find a place that realises what a loony bin the boards moderator's lounge must be, but if they're still going to act like everything they do is infallible, it's a bit of an empty victory.

I'm still not sure how to resolve this situation though.

When the other party insists on being unreasonable, what can you do? It's hard to even ignore it when they end up running a big ol' website that encompasses seemingly most Irish online activity.

take it to Feedback

thread locked

Haha. Had me going there for a second.

Of course when you take it to Feedback, all the mods gang up on you, and the suck ups post cat pictures and make months old 4chan references. If you take it to Help Desk you avoid the cat pictures, but not the ganging up.

i've been of the theory of late that boards has such a high spread and population, that it would probably be impossible to moderate loosely, as there could be a huge amount of things going on there at once.

The Theadydal account here is a fake, by the way. I don't know about Gordon.

Sorry if this isn't allowed here, but here's most of an email she sent me(it's not the full email) confirming this -

I have set up a filter to trash any more posts from this address.
I do not engage in communications about my moderation of boards.ie via
email or on other sites. I do not have an account on thumped and will not be setting one up.
I will be forwarding these mails to the new community mangers at boards.ie.
Thaedydal will go to any lengths not to defend her actions.

I cannot stand people who build up a wall to protect themselves like that. People should be accountable for their actions. When I was banned, she made comments I never got to refute, apparently I'm not allowed to, at all, under any circumstances. This is just a form of bullying, and I hate bullies.

Thaed is a mother of two I believe too... disturbing.

Also, she called me Evan. What the fuck.

lolcat-funny-picture-moderator1.jpg

i've been of the theory of late that boards has such a high spread and population, that it would probably be impossible to moderate loosely, as there could be a huge amount of things going on there at once.
Unfortunately so, yeah. It used to be fairly loose (but still strict compared to other boards like here or p45rant) but the amount of signal compared to noise is not as much as wished. We siteban at least 10 people per day, most are bots but many are legitimate trolls/shills/spammers/loopers/letigious proselytisers. It's a shame that boards isn't looser, but if it was it wouldn't be readable or enjoyable for wading through the noise.

It's a shame that boards isn't looser,
No way in hell do you believe that.

Also I don't think anyone has issue with genuine spammers getting the boot, as opposed the strictness definitions like "shilling" seem to have.

The stictness towards people for "acting the eejit", which is what most people are complaining about, has nothing to do with signal to noise ratio.

What you're doing is more like clipping - pruning off those who deviate too much from your norm. And clipping a wave causes distortion.

Unfortunately so, yeah. It used to be fairly loose (but still strict compared to other boards like here or p45rant) but the amount of signal compared to noise is not as much as wished. We siteban at least 10 people per day, most are bots but many are legitimate trolls/shills/spammers/loopers/letigious proselytisers. It's a shame that boards isn't looser, but if it was it wouldn't be readable or enjoyable for wading through the noise.

If you are who say you are, does anyone ever moderate your moderaters? Does anyone meet them in person? See how they live? Investigate their value system, their agenda, their outlook on life? Do you think it's perfectly acceptable for a young girl to post that they are worried that they might be pregnant and that one of your moderators dismissively tells them to go and see a doctor and then locks the thread? Do you think that it's fine to ignore a complaint regarding this kind of behaviour from a moderator?

Do you think it's perfectly acceptable for a young girl to post that they are worried that they might be pregnant and that one of your moderators dismissively tells them to go and see a doctor and then locks the thread? Do you think that it's fine to ignore a complaint regarding this kind of behaviour from a moderator?
Please tell me shit like this didn't actually happen, right?:(:(:(

If you are who say you are, does anyone ever moderate your moderaters? Does anyone meet them in person? See how they live? Investigate their value system, their agenda, their outlook on life? Do you think it's perfectly acceptable for a young girl to post that they are worried that they might be pregnant and that one of your moderators dismissively tells them to go and see a doctor and then locks the thread? Do you think that it's fine to ignore a complaint regarding this kind of behaviour from a moderator?
It depends on the situation, if you have a link to the thread I'll have a look. If someone needs medical advice we close the thread and refer them to a doctor, I can't comment on that particular case as I don't know the full text.

Mods do meet up for beers and many mods are friends, many are enemies. Who moderates the moderators? The users, the mods, the cmods, the smods and the admins.

a lot of the moderating seems pointless to some extent, i havent seen stuff like that, but the nit picking, like theres a presumtion that people wouldnt be ten sides of the same story.

uh, green goblin, why are you even bothering to moan endlessly about this shit?
you dont like it, then dont post there. i have many beefs with it but i still use adverts regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back