Better looking girls get better service! (1 Viewer)

There are some very shallow people out there...I worked with a guy who rated CVs on how good looking the girls were. Funnily enough, there were more guys than girls working with us. Although I doubt that's an unusual thing.
One of my sisters is a model and going anywhere with her is an experience. She's really tall and stands out a mile. Plus people (despite the fact that facially we look alike) never believe we're related. Plus my other sister is like a non-druggy Amy Winehouse so when I go anywhere with them we have people gawking at them. Hence why I have self esteem issues!

Sorry, what do you mean this isn't the thread for complaining about better looking sisters???

Anyway.

Friend of my sister is very tall an good looking in a stop traffic kind of way. I must say walking down town with her is a chore, every guy stares at her in a fairly creepy way and then when they've got a eyefull of her they look at whatever guy is with her in a pretty challenging way.
Haha! I do that
Anyone find that your natural staring at nice-looking women seems to be less welcome as your youthful good looks fade?

Cuteness is a matter of taste though - the "office pin-up" where I work does absolutely nothing for me, all the other women blush when he comes into the room, and I'm just like, meh.

yep, but I worked in a record store at the time...working almost exclusively with men was an experience.

Yer man might have gone by the logic that having a pretty girl at the counter made it more likely that a dude casual browser might be more likely to buy something rather than walk out with nothing if it meant that buying the record meant they got to talk to said girl.

Yer man might have gone by the logic that having a pretty girl at the counter made it more likely that a dude casual browser might be more likely to buy something rather than walk out with nothing if it meant that buying the record meant they got to talk to said girl.

Nah, he just liked good looking women! That said, I got a job there and I don't think I was his type at all! I did talk the ear off all my customers and sold shit loads of Sufjan Stevens cds though ('Get Seven Swans first!!') so I doubt they regretted hiring me ;)

Wagamama
Sugar Club

^ do these places only employ what might be regarded as nubile women, as well as heterosexually-challenged men?

I think egg and mitchum, that might actually only be in your head. You think you're being pervy so you project this onto them. I say this because I certainly feel this too, but though I'm your age I look about 25, so girls in their 20s should have no reason to think I'm pervy. Unless I just look like a 25 year old perv. Which, now that I think of it, is quite feasible. I mean, I have the glasses and the leer. And I wear nothing but a trench coat and boots, for ease of exposure. Yep, that could be it all right...

Nah, he just liked good looking women! That said, I got a job there and I don't think I was his type at all! I did talk the ear off all my customers and sold shit loads of Sufjan Stevens cds though ('Get Seven Swans first!!') so I doubt they regretted hiring me ;)

i once interviewed a heap of people for christmas work with another dude..at the end of the day he just went through them and went 'ride' 'ride' 'ride' etc and called up the assistant manager to have a look at them and rang them to offer tham the jobs..pricks..

same assitant manager also once hired a girl who had barely two words of english to rub together but who added a little something extra to the shop apparently..so he gawks at her every day for about a year and then she stops coming to work..never comes back..3 months later immigration show up and ask had someone working under her name worked there?turns out she wasnt italian as she had said and was an illegal immigrant and the fucking eejit was so overjoyed at the thought of hiring here never once asked her for her documents...thus resulting in a big fine for the shop...god i hate that prick..

jesus muffin, you've worked in too many weird places. was this manager of yrs a red haired chap or did he look like richard herring?

trying to place this story rapidly

nope..he looked like a fucking monkey and he was a big horrible prick..i think yr forgetting about my other record shop job:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back