Better looking girls get better service! (4 Viewers)

i once interviewed a heap of people for christmas work with another dude..at the end of the day he just went through them and went 'ride' 'ride' 'ride' etc and called up the assistant manager to have a look at them and rang them to offer tham the jobs..pricks..

I swear that is practically common place behaviour these days - I've heard of it happening (and witnessed it happening) so many times. It's fucking infuriating.

Good looking tall types also get paid more and let off by jurys more often!

http://timesonline.typepad.com/comment/2007/09/good-news-for-j.html

Hey Good Lookin': why Jose Mourinho should cheer up

mourinho_2
Good news for Jose Mourinho on a day when he'll be in need of some.
Chris Dillow reports on a new paper that estimates:
that men who spend an extra 10 minutes a day grooming - shaving, showering, brushing their hair - get 6% higher weekly wages; the paper attempts to control for the possibility that better-paid men spend more time grooming anyway, and for obvious other influences upon wages.
This work reinforces the findings of other studies that show that good looking people are more likely to be acquitted by juries and that tall people are more likely to become chief executive officers.
Chris's theory is:
Maybe narcissism pays. Maybe people with a high sense of self-worth, who exaggerate their achievements and lack empathy with others do well in office politics. These sort of people would then both get higher pay and, because of their vanity, spend more time on their appearance. There’ll then be a positive correlation between grooming and wages.
Either way I'd say Jose was in the money.

Posted by Daniel Finkelstein on September 20, 2007 in Sport | Permalink | Comments (6) | TrackBack (0) | Email this post

I had to end it with a girl. She was too goodlooking for me, and it was a pain in the arse going out with her and her being ogled by every Tom, Dick and Fionn.

Plus, she couldn't help me with my mind.

yeah i usually start thinking that ive torn my skirt or my shirt is suddenly see through rather than he's giving me the eye...

tall people are more likely to become chief executive officers
I actually think this says more about the job of CEO than anything else. Essentially it means "leader" - it doesn't have well-defined tasks associated with it, and it's impossible to measure if someone is doing the job well ... and therefore you're most likely to choose the person who looks and conducts themselves most like the alpha (i.e. someone big and confident)

surely the appropriate reaction should be "is there a stain on my blouse/skirt" rather than "have I something on my face"

Speaking from experience?
Hur hur. Nah I mean surely the girls can look down at their clothes and see the huge piss/vomit stain for themselves?

It's just a fact of life that guys and girls are gonna check each other out-it's how we propogate the species innit.
There's probably an art to finding a balance between ogling and sly-glances but I'm too old and set in my ways to give a damn, frankly.

I actually think this says more about the job of CEO than anything else. Essentially it means "leader" - it doesn't have well-defined tasks associated with it, and it's impossible to measure if someone is doing the job well ... and therefore you're most likely to choose the person who looks and conducts themselves most like the alpha (i.e. someone big and confident)

I'm bleeding gigantic and have a poxy job..trust me to be the exception to the rule!

I'm bleeding gigantic and have a poxy job..trust me to be the exception to the rule!

Tall women are persecuted in most jobs... they're perceived as threatening by men and women alike - at least so I am informed by two very tall female acquaintances of mine - one is 6'1 and the other 6'2. I really don't envy them.

I haven't been persecuted thankfully, but I was once told during my teacher training not to wear heels as my height can be intimidating to asian students. In my mind now in class I see myself as this great looming figure hovering all over my students looking all creepy.

thats just brought a tear to my eye..im having an emotional day and that just sounded really sweet..

Egg_ is sweet and Mrs Egg_ seems really lovely.

I haven't been persecuted thankfully, but I was once told during my teacher training not to wear heels as my height can be intimidating to asian students. In my mind now in class I see myself as this great looming figure hovering all over my students looking all creepy.

Hehehe... I'm shorter than you, but I was specifically warned to wear low or no heels to several business meetings in my last job. And my former boss in here told me not to wear heels to work as she found my height 'threatening' :eek: - it wasn't my fault that she was about 5'2".

Thats very insightful!

I'm not the tallest bloke in the world and am often told that I should be more assertive etc. People have said straight out that "its probably cause you're short"!

Have to admit that I find it embarrassing walking down the road with a much taller girl. And when I see other couples where the girl is a fair bit taller than the lad, I cringe for them. Ridiculous really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back