Better looking girls get better service! (2 Viewers)

Thats very insightful!

I'm not the tallest bloke in the world and am often told that I should be more assertive etc. People have said straight out that "its probably cause you're short"!

Have to admit that I find it embarrassing walking down the road with a much taller girl. And when I see other couples where the girl is a fair bit taller than the lad, I cringe for them. Ridiculous really.

A friend of mine in school dated (and eventually married) this guy from when they were both about 15. She was 5'10" and a 'large' girl and he was about 5'4" of skin and bone. He never got any taller but neither of them seemed to mind.

A friend of mine in school dated (and eventually married) this guy from when they were both about 15. She was 5'10" and a 'large' girl and he was about 5'4" of skin and bone. He never got any taller but neither of them seemed to mind.

I have never been able to date someone thinner than me. Seems silly but I want to feel like a girl rather than an amazon. Height doesn't bother me so much, as long as it's close. Too tall or too short can be awkward.

Getting promoted is all about visibility and "profile"

You don't get promoted because you do good work, but because people in the office etc know who you are. Visibility.

Most offices have those partitiony things.

Short people stand around, trying to be seen. But they're fucked because the partitions are bigger than them.

Ha ha, short people! With their little hands.

The tall people, however, can be seen over the cubicle partitiony things.

Visibility

I have never been able to date someone thinner than me. Seems silly but I want to feel like a girl rather than an amazon. Height doesn't bother me so much, as long as it's close. Too tall or too short can be awkward.

Well, I've often dated guys who weigh less than I do, some of them were considerably taller than me too :eek: But I'm heavier than I look, at least so people tell me.

I used to be really wary about dating guys my height or shorter but as I get older I realise I just can't be that picky anymore. "Beggars can't be choosers" as my mother always says ;)

most short people i've worked with could do with being a little less assertive. more fucking napoleons around here than is healthy

Ha! I know a fair few of those as well.

Not sure what happened me. I just hate being hard on people - even if its for an overall good or if they deserve it. Will never make CEO. Whew!

But there is a fine line between being assertive and being an asshole...

There are also some apologetically tall people who gives themselves bad posture so as not stick out too much. I'm 179cm (5'10''1/2) which is about average for a guy, but I still feel quite small a lot of the time.

me assertive? perish the thought.
(it's definitely not coke either though)

Mixture of caffine, innate sadism & megalomania perhaps

Being assertive has a lot to do with a good string finish to a request.

'Could you take care of this please'

Vs

'Would you mind taking care of this . . or if you're busy i can do it . . . sure look maybe I'll do . . .sure, no bother . . .thanks anayway'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back