Best way to lose a beer belly... (1 Viewer)

You're not making any sense at all there Gaz.
How exactly can poor people have fun?

ChuckBerryDuckwalk.jpg

and the radio.

no no, nothing to be sorry about man.
I mean, the reason I am still on about this is because I think its sad when people think that unless they are hitting all these working out milestones, or if they are injured, or too busy or for any number reasons they cannot exercise, that they think they are fucked, and they give up and think they are just fat bastards.
I've seen that happen a fair bit.

I just think that's unfortunate, and I think its wrong.
Its not for the people who are fit, I dont give a fuck about them really, its the people who are struggling, unfit, stressed out by work or whatever, what I am saying to those people is you absolutely 100% can control your weight, with diet alone.

Maybe once they see themselves regaining control like that it might help them get out and do some walking, or swimming or whatever.

Translation: "I know so much more than all of you. Please listen to your betters"

no no, nothing to be sorry about man.
I mean, the reason I am still on about this is because I think its sad when people think that unless they are hitting all these working out milestones, or if they are injured, or too busy or for any number reasons they cannot exercise, that they think they are fucked, and they give up and think they are just fat bastards.
I've seen that happen a fair bit.

I just think that's unfortunate, and I think its wrong.
Its not for the people who are fit, I dont give a fuck about them really, its the people who are struggling, unfit, stressed out by work or whatever, what I am saying to those people is you absolutely 100% can control your weight, with diet alone.

Maybe once they see themselves regaining control like that it might help them get out and do some walking, or swimming or whatever.

i can't help but read this and have Patrick Swayze's voice in my head

434px-patrick_swayze_7_0.jpg

where does this sit on the 'Fear' and 'Love' line?

Translation: "I know so much more than all of you. Please listen to your betters"

No.
Translation, I live in an extremely poor area which is almost entirely made up of Latin communities who work menial jobs, for very low money, often do not speak English, and almost always have next to no education as a result. No one gives a fuck about them, they are the underclass that's not even mentioned. They clean your dishes and work labouring on sites in August and February.

Also many Latin people have a propensity to put on weight.

These kids have no idea about diet. Their parents neither. They think you get thin through exercise because this is what the media tells them. Eat as much as you can and go running! These kids are 12 and they couldn't run across the road.

The entire culture here is based around appearance, and some of them, girls in particular, become extremely upset and self harming and suicidal because they think they are "fat ugly pigs".
They become despondent, depressed and helpless. They think they have no control.

Now, I know depression. And I know self harm to some extent.
And, I FUCKING EMPATHISE with them, and I try to help. I saw this thread, and mentioned some information about weight control here.

If that makes me sound like a patronising cunt, or Patrick Swayze so be it.

My wife works with these kids at the local public school, and she tries to help them with getting them active. I can't run really and my body is too injured and knackered now from motorbike accidents and building sites and abuse to do anything much apart from cycle. So I can't help her do that stuff. Instead I will try to help them by talking with them about how they can change things that some of them they hate about themselves in lots of ways. Just because they can't or wont or are too embarrassed to go out running doesn't mean you have to stay fat.

Simply talking about seemingly obvious things about diet is enormously enlightening to them.

Initially, and still my main goal is to try to set up a night class in the middle school where I could gather up old computers that people were throwing out, and do courses to teach them about using setting up their own Ubuntu Linux box, installing Open Office, getting onto the web and so on, but I haven;t got my shit together yet because I'm really disorganised.

But, in the mean time, I am sharing other things that I learned over the few years when I was failing to become a cyclist.

So, yeah, I am better acquainted with this than some of them, and some of you it seems.
I am also better acquainted with Linux, and bicycle mechanics than some. And I don't mind explaining it, as best I can to people if they seem interested.

I don't actually consider myself to be your better though.

In short, fuck you.
Fuck your contribution to the thread. Fuck your useless nasty cynical post.
Fuck you.

That's all very well Flashback, but we're not poor Latin kids with the wrong messages assailing us. We're clever middle-class whites, for the most part, and we know that a combo of a better-balanced diet and exercise is the key to that slimline figure we crave.
Every time I knuckle down and get active I lose weight. I always combine that with eating better. I though that was obvious.

No.
Translation, I live in an extremely poor area which is almost entirely made up of Latin communities who work menial jobs, for very low money, often do not speak English, and almost always have next to no education as a result. No one gives a fuck about them, they are the underclass that's not even mentioned. They clean your dishes and work labouring on sites in August and February.

These kids have no idea about diet. Their parents neither. They think you get thin through exercise because this is what the media tells them. Eat as much as you can and go running! These kids are 12 and they couldn't run across the road.

The entire culture here is based around appearance, and some of them, girls in particular, become extremely upset and self harming and suicidal because they think they are "fat ugly pigs".
They become despondent, depressed and helpless. They think they have no control.

And, I FUCKING EMPATHISE with them, and I try to help. I saw this thread, and mentioned some information about weight control here.

My wife works with these kids at the local public school, and she tries to help them with getting them active. I can't run really and my body is too injured and knackered now from motorbike accidents and building sites and abuse to do anything much apart from cycle. So I can't help her do that stuff. Instead I will try to help them by talking with them about how they can change things that some of them they hate about themselves in lots of ways. Just because they can't or wont or are too embarrassed to go out running doesn't mean you have to stay fat.

Simply talking about seemingly obvious things about diet is enormously enlightening to them.

Initially, and still my main goal is to try to set up a night class in the middle school where I could gather up old computers that people were throwing out, and do courses to teach them about using setting up their own Ubuntu Linux box, installing Open Office, getting onto the web and so on, but I haven;t got my shit together yet because I'm really disorganised.

But, in the mean time, I am sharing other things that I learned over the few years when I was failing to become a cyclist.

So, yeah, I am better acquainted with this than some of them, and some of you it seems.
I am also better acquainted with Linux, and bicycle mechanics than some. And I don't mind explaining it, as best I can to people if they seem interested.

In short, fuck you.
Fuck you.

Patrick Swayze wouldn't use mean words like that

you're mean.
and your post was too boring for me to read all of

No.

In short, fuck you.
Fuck you.

Mother Teresa II - Flashback Bugaloo

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

No.

In short, fuck you.
Fuck you.

so sad to see someone completely lose their mind

FLABDOMINALS!:)

Have some rep.

On the excericise front,I'm already cycling 10 miles,working like a maniac on the site and walking the dog every day(well walking the dog the odd day tbh),so a few crunchs is all I'd have the energy for and maybe go for a 20 mile cycle on Saturday.

I'm eating this....

Cup of coffee 2 sugars and a slice of toast in the morning.
Ham salad roll for lunch(I need the carbs for work big time)
Very healthy dinner.
And nothing else.

Dont really wanna cut out too much booze so it's gonna be a struggle.

tanx fo da rep!

jaysus!... thats a lot! just drink coors light you should be grand :)

I just picked up a 7 pack of lunchboxes in Penneys for €2.(I know its a steal).
So as of Monday I'm off the rolls.Gonna bring boiled chicken and rice for lunch.
I am fucking GOING FOR IT PEOPLE!

I'm taking back the junkie good looks of my early 30's!Without compromising my alcohol regimen one iota.Fuck yeah!

Are yis with me?!

P.s. Fuck the haters Flashy.Buncha fatsos.

P.p.s.I wouldn't drink that coors lite piss if I was maaaaaaad strung out for a buzz(which I usually am(and theres not much I wouldn't drink)).

have a habit of dropping off weight and gaining back again in short spaces of time and i've no idea how...
normally i give up alcohol for about two-three months a year (2 weeks into my latest stint) and it helps a little, but haven't had any great shift in weight at all
i wouldn't say i'm fat by any stretch, but i'd definitely like to drop some gut off
:cool:
leigh

I'm a little perplexed by this thread. As counter-intuitive as it may seem, I tend to side with Flashback's argument. For me, i've always had a slight paunch and have recently resolved to get rid of it. It seems to boil down to this:

Let's say you have someone who eats a well-balanced diet every week except for their 20 pints on the weekend. To lose weight, they may take up running 5k 3 times per week while continuing to consume the 20 pints. I think what flashback is saying is that this person will notice a marginal reduction in weight. However, if they were to cut out the 20 pints altogether and not bother with the running, they would lose more weight. Am I making sense yet?

Moral of the story: PUT DOWN THE FORK.
or pick up the fork. i'd like to see anyone get through even one pint using a fork.

Flab update....I've reeled in the eating to one proper meal a day.Drinking minimum 6 cans a night and have ramped up the smoking to about 30 a day.The blubber is fucking falling off me.I may have to post some naked pictures of myself I'm so pleased.

Its all about setting your mind to it.

I think it's time to trim down too, want to stay more voluptuous then fat.
I really don't want to exercise or stop eating cake :(

ah my fellow fatties
embrace your porkishness
who gives an arse anyway, attractive people aren't happy, no-one is. more cake!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back