Best way to lose a beer belly... (3 Viewers)

ha ha ha.
I can't believe I said that.

Imagine a boot stamping on a human face forever, that's this thread.

edit, What's actually funny is though, I get modded down for stating my case. There are some simple minded fucks out there.
Put down the pork chops you fat bastards, and back away.

i'm sorry flashback.

And if you want to imagine the future, imagine a boot... no, imagine a trainer, laces trailing, kicking a pebble, slouching hopefully towards Tadfield.

(you know, while we're quoting things)

And the fact remains to be, unless you are an elite athlete, and by elite I mean can run 10 miles tomorrow, or ride 80 miles on the bike and so on

Ah Flash.

Doing 80 miles on the bike is actually pretty handy providing you pace yourself and don't go hard at any stage. A mars bar or two, a couple of bananas and a bottle of lucozade sport and most people wouldn't have too much bother doing that. I did it myself recently and before that hadn't done more than 10km on a bike in a year.

A game of 5 a side for 90 minutes fucks me up far more.

no no, nothing to be sorry about man.
I mean, the reason I am still on about this is because I think its sad when people think that unless they are hitting all these working out milestones, or if they are injured, or too busy or for any number reasons they cannot exercise, that they think they are fucked, and they give up and think they are just fat bastards.
I've seen that happen a fair bit.

I just think that's unfortunate, and I think its wrong.
Its not for the people who are fit, I dont give a fuck about them really, its the people who are struggling, unfit, stressed out by work or whatever, what I am saying to those people is you absolutely 100% can control your weight, with diet alone.

Maybe once they see themselves regaining control like that it might help them get out and do some walking, or swimming or whatever.

Ah Flash.

Doing 80 miles on the bike is actually pretty handy providing you pace yourself and don't go hard at any stage. A mars bar or two, a couple of bananas and a bottle of lucozade sport and most people wouldn't have too much bother doing that. I did it myself recently and before that hadn't done more than 10km on a bike in a year.

A game of 5 a side for 90 minutes fucks me up far more.

hahaha. Fair enough.
Do eighty miles with me. I'll fuck you up. Heh.
No, if you can bang out 80 miles on the bike tomorrow without problem, I would say you are fit. Believe it or not, most people cannot do this.
Like I said, just because its easy for us does not mean its easy for others. And its the others that I am speaking to here.

just for example, my wife was state champion at 400M hurdles at some level. U-17 or something. She is not massively fit now, but she is handy enough. She trains the local kids track and cross country at the moment. While she was pregnant I should add.
We went out for a 50 mile ride and she was basically hanging after about 40 miles, and I had to do a fair bit of pushing to get her up the hills towards the end of the day.

Fair enough, 400M hurdles is power and sprint, and she barely knows one end of a bike from the other, but she's fit enough, and that was just 50 miles. No way she could have gone on to do another 30.

just for example, my wife was state champion at 400M hurdles at some level. U-17 or something. She is not massively fit now, but she is handy enough. She trains the local kids track and cross country at the moment. While she was pregnant I should add.
We went out for a 50 mile ride and she was basically hanging after about 40 miles, and I had to do a fair bit of pushing to get her up the hills towards the end of the day.

Fair enough, 400M hurdles is power and sprint, and she barely knows one end of a bike from the other, but she's fit enough, and that was just 50 miles. No way she could have gone on to do another 30.

Maybe you did the first ten or twenty miles too fast (might have been slow for you but she might have been near max) and she was able for that but just ran out of steam. I've been on spins with fit bastards and I felt sick after twenty miles and just had to let them go on ahead.

Anyway, I agree with your main argument, if you just want to drop pounds on the scales, eat less.

Exercise builds muscle, which weighs more than fat. People shouldnt be so concerned about pounds and ounces.

My progress has slowed considerably this last week.Still eating less and exercising like mad and feeling great.Muscles are defo growing so I'm not too bothered.

I reckon the crux of the matter,the beer belly,is gonna take a while to shift.No two ways about it.I'm considering commencing a routine of abdominal crunchs in the coming days,might speed it up a bit I reckon.

My progress has slowed considerably this last week.Still eating less and exercising like mad and feeling great.Muscles are defo growing so I'm not too bothered.

I reckon the crux of the matter,the beer belly,is gonna take a while to shift.No two ways about it.I'm considering commencing a routine of abdominal crunchs in the coming days,might speed it up a bit I reckon.

Defo.

Nice one Moose,that settles it then.Crunch city here I come!

crunches wont' shake you beer belly, you will just tone underneath

thus creating flabdominals.

if you wanna lose the fat.

just eat vegetables....loads and loads of veg.

if you must have bread...wholewheat.

no booze, no sugar, no potatoes, no dairy, take calcium supplements.

go jogging.

if you want fruit eat grapefruits.

no hot drinks in the morning.

then you'll be laughin...or crying.

I'm gonna have chips and pizza and beer for dinner.

YEAH!

I'm a little perplexed by this thread. As counter-intuitive as it may seem, I tend to side with Flashback's argument. For me, i've always had a slight paunch and have recently resolved to get rid of it. It seems to boil down to this:

Let's say you have someone who eats a well-balanced diet every week except for their 20 pints on the weekend. To lose weight, they may take up running 5k 3 times per week while continuing to consume the 20 pints. I think what flashback is saying is that this person will notice a marginal reduction in weight. However, if they were to cut out the 20 pints altogether and not bother with the running, they would lose more weight. Am I making sense yet?

Moral of the story: PUT DOWN THE FORK.

crunches wont' shake you beer belly, you will just tone underneath

thus creating flabdominals.

if you wanna lose the fat.

just eat vegetables....loads and loads of veg.

if you must have bread...wholewheat.

no booze, no sugar, no potatoes, no dairy, take calcium supplements.

go jogging.

if you want fruit eat grapefruits.

no hot drinks in the morning.

then you'll be laughin...or crying.

I'm gonna have chips and pizza and beer for dinner.

YEAH!

FLABDOMINALS!:)

Have some rep.

On the excericise front,I'm already cycling 10 miles,working like a maniac on the site and walking the dog every day(well walking the dog the odd day tbh),so a few crunchs is all I'd have the energy for and maybe go for a 20 mile cycle on Saturday.

I'm eating this....

Cup of coffee 2 sugars and a slice of toast in the morning.
Ham salad roll for lunch(I need the carbs for work big time)
Very healthy dinner.
And nothing else.

Dont really wanna cut out too much booze so it's gonna be a struggle.

I know this can of Macardles I've just cracked open is partially responsible for the mess my mid section is in but by jiminy,you gotta live!

if you are doing sit ups, or crunches, do them very slowly.
The slower the better in fact.

What's actually more effective is if you get one of those massive exercise balls, and lie back onto it, facing the ceiling, and sort of slowly bounce up and down, keeping your body straight.

What you are doing is holding your body straight with your abs constantly, rather than squeezing them and putting pressure on the little sacks of synovial fluid that articulate your vertebrae. In fact, research now is suggesting that crunches can be harmful, and you are better off doing other work outs to get at those muscles.

Here's a NYT thing about it. Its not peer reviewed, but I think I originally read it in a peer reviewed journal so hopefully that will pass muster with the exacting standards of the thumped crew.
http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/06/17/core-myths/?apage=7

I no longer have unlimited access to scientific journals because I quit my research job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back