Best QOTSA record (1 Viewer)

Whats your favourite QOTSA record.

• Lullabys to Paralyse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other/split record etc

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

brianoak

After much deliberation.....I still cant decide so I will save my vote and sleep on it.

edit: It has to rated r

yeah. rated r. QOTSA hasn't the maximum tuneage potential it could have, and songs for the deaf is just fucking annoying after a few hundred listens, plus it's full of filler. New one - pile o shite.

Bleedin' Deaf. First one is good and all, but murky production and a few boring bits.
You can't deny the amazing Grohl action and bizarre seperated shininess of Deaf.
Apparently drums and cymbals were even recorded seperately.
One night me mate and I were drunk on Czech rum and when we listened to that LP the seperated bits just didn't seem to fit together. We decided it was a heap of shite and then went to a lake to scream at the ducks.

New one is a grower.I hated it first listen but it has some of their best songs on it and some are really in the vein of the first record.
kirstie said:
yeah. rated r. QOTSA hasn't the maximum tuneage potential it could have, and songs for the deaf is just fucking annoying after a few hundred listens, plus it's full of filler. New one - pile o shite.

Dunno about murky production, though I suppose it may seem that way compared to the full-on Bright+Loud 'modern rock' treatment the other 3 albums got.

it did grow - to a point. Then I forgot all about listening to it. That's never the sign of an amazing record in the Kirstie Book of what constitutes a good record - generally that entails listening to it so much that Neil hides it on me / threatens to throw it out the window. Or puts it up high where I can't get to it. Examples: last RTFC album, Pink Grease, Sultans, Felix da Housecat etc.

brian/heathons said:
New one is a grower.I hated it first listen but it has some of their best songs on it and some are really in the vein of the first record.

kirstie said:
Neil hides it on me / threatens to throw it out the window. Or puts it up high where I can't get to it. Examples: last RTFC album, Pink Grease, Sultans, Felix da Housecat etc.

Seeing as all the felix da housekat records are mine, and I love sultans, this is utter bollocks.

I'm with Joss, Grohl pushes songs for the deaf just above QOTSA for me.

Ha, I know the truth.
all those STUPID radio bits between songs and stupid songs about hanging trees etc really let SFTD down. It'd be a far better record without all that bollocks.

Stan Bowles said:
Seeing as all the felix da housekat records are mine, and I love sultans, this is utter bollocks.

I'm with Joss, Grohl pushes songs for the deaf just above QOTSA for me.

kirstie said:
Ha, I know the truth.
all those STUPID radio bits between songs and stupid songs about hanging trees etc really let SFTD down. It'd be a far better record without all that bollocks.
Yeah yeah, got anyone to go to LGL with tonight billy no mates??

And on the subject of Grohl, I see that two bands he has drummd for recently, QOTSA and NIN, are touring the states together in the Autumn, as are Foo Fighters and Weezer.

they'll never surpass the opening minute of 'regular john'. the new one is a real let down.

was Kyuss better than QOTSA? a lot of poeple say 'yes' i'd say 'no, but it was good' best of for me would be (it's a list that speaks of an impressive down-ness with the band's work i think)

no-one knows/god is on the radio/leg of lamb/feel good hit of the summer
regular john/lullaby/mosquito song/in my head/
one inch man/hurricane/demon cleaner (if you can have kyuss)
miss alissa, already dead and whorehoppin (if you can have eagles of death metal)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back