Best pint in Camden St/Wexford St area? (2 Viewers)

jane

Website
www.ittybittyhearingtrumpet.wordpress.com
Preferably somewhere quietish during the late afternoon/early evening.

Setting up an interview, and the poor fella's only in Ireland for about 24 hours and Guinness is his favourite tipple. It would be nice to take him somewhere where he could get a proper pint.

Has to be a bit quiet, although most places would be pretty sedate at that time, I guess.

Any suggestions? I don't drink pints, so I wouldn't know a good one from a poor one -- they all taste like muck to me.

AOR > MOR

Actually, it really was more MOR, with a few half-decent tunes thrown in which, had I not been trying to transcribe an interview, would not have been all bad. But there was badness.

That stopped, and then two kids kicked a ball against the wall of my house for about two hours, frequently whacking the door with it.

It's one of those wouldn't-bug-me-so-much-if-I-weren't-working things.

oh man I'd love a pint

Agus mise fasta.

The Harbour Master has started closing at 6 on Sundays, so when I went down for a feed of wings and a few pints last night there was nothing doing.
I was fecking jonesin'.
Never got a pint in the end, so I have a fierce hankering on me right now.

And for the record, I would have gone with the Swan or Devitt's. Ryan's is a fine locals pub (for local people) but has dizzyingly varying stout quality.

I was in Flannery's recently, and at a particular stage that Nickleback song about being a Rock Star came on and everyone knew all of the words. In particular, there was a gang of four lads, all in large pale-coloured button-down shirts, and all with tons of gel in very little hair, for whom this seemed to be "our song". They screamed the words lovingly into each other's faces, and accosted passing women with the current lyrical couplet as a handy opening line. They all had this shoulder-centric dance and probably business degrees.

grogans but you'll get a better interview done in the swan. i've found myself drinking in the swan way more lately.

has anyone ever noticed if you are walking down aungier st at a certain point the pub looks like it's called Lynch The Swan?

chuckle.

when did grogans move to camden st?

grogans is full of cunts in anyways. waster fucks. get a job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back