Best Gig/Album/Song of 2015 (2 Viewers)

Gig: Fucked Up in Hangar / AC/DC in Lansdowne Road

Album: The Aphex Twin Soundcloud splurge (does it count? I couldn't give a fuck)

releases:
oren ambarchi & jim o'rourke - behold lp
aphex twin - computer controlled acoustic instruments pt2 12"
dennis callaci/the debts split lp
andrew chalk - bright rivers run 7"
jasmine guffond - yellow bell lp
seckou keita - 22 strings cd
the mountain goats - beat the champ lp
the necks - vertigo lp
refrigerator - temple city lp
ballaké sissoko & vincent segal - musique de nuit cd
tiny vipers - ambience 3 7"/cd
wolfgang voigt - rückverzauberung 10 / nationalpark cd

song:
the mountain goats
- heel turn 2

gigs:
always seems kinda unfair to the competition when the necks come to town but it's become an annual occurrence since 2011 and i hope they don't relent. november's set at the peacock might not have scaled the heights of the christchurch sets 12 months before but let's not split hairs. we're lucky to be living in an age where we get to see the best live band on the planet, on a regular basis, at close quarters, only improving with time.

i also enjoyed, to varying degrees:
lubomyr melnyck 'solo' piano (particularly when he actually played solo i.e. without the backing track) in the unitarian church
toumani & sidiki diabaté at the kilkeny arts festival (minor gripe - i wish kora players would spare us the lecture/demonstration of the instrument which always takes up valuable playing time mid-gig and runs the risk of turning it from a gig into an 'exposition')
the mountain goats in whelans - only gripe was the repetition in the solo set/covers between the last visit and this, but they're a great unit these days, more so with the extra musician in tow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back