Berlin 'day trip' help (1 Viewer)

AnarchoBob

Basically with a group of friends I'm going to go to Berlin for the celebrations of the 20 years of the fall of the Berlin Wall. So going to be there from the 6th to the 9th. I have never been to Berlin and to be honest there is literally too much stuff on the net.

So I was wondering if people that have been there can help me out. I'll probably take most of a day just to myself to check out stuff that I probably couldn't because of going there with other people, so what is it worth to see/visit during a morning and the first half of the afternoon?

Cheers!

Definitely check out Kreuzburg (just south of Mitte), it's a class area, some great record shops/book shops, etc. One or two squats around there too. Ye should be alright if you're just goin in the early afternoon, but if you plan on stayin around there late you'd be better off bringin a mate along (gets a bit rough after 8pm or so).

At around 5pm a good few street punks meet up and hang around Alexanderplatz, they're alright to talk too if you're lookin for record shops and that, good laugh as well.
Plus, the Kopi is somewhere around near there.

If you're taking out a day for yourself, get one of the day tickets for transport (e6.10), you've then got service from; buses, U-Bahn, and trams for 24hours. That's the best way to see the city.

That's what I can think of now anyway.

there's a great free walking tour on most days, leaving from starbucks on under den linden. you get to see all the famous shit and history behind berlin.

Will certainly suggest the walking tour to the group as well, pretty sure they'd be interested in something like that too.

But defo will check out Kreuzberg as everyone says it's class, if it then also has good record/book shops I'll have to go.

Cheers for the info so far! All really useful stuff.

Yeah the walking tours are great there's one that deals with the cold war era. I didn't do it but it sounded fucking class.

Get Kebabs in the Rosenthaller grill in Rosenthaller platz or Baghdad in Kruetzburg that's my advice.

http://www.alternativeberlin.com/daytour.html

"Street art & graffiti, artist squats, bizzare shops and much more ..."

Went on that when I was over, well worth it, just give a tip when it's over. It lasted around 5 hours when I went but it varies.

That sounds/looks class! Might even propose it to the rest of the group.

But yeah, was definitely thinking of dropping by Bis Auf's Messer while I am there, even if only during a break from sightseeing with the others.

If you're veggo/vegan you should check out this place called Voner, it's amazing. Vegan doner kebabs, even with the giant rotary cooked meat, only fake.

Kreuzberg is kind of boring if you ask me, not really much to see there.
Go to Treptauer Park, it's amazing, totally rules.
The Reichstag is really cool as well although the queues are pretty massive. I was lucky and went late enough in the evening that it wasn't too bad, only took about 15 minutes in the queue.

Yeah, Reichstag is going to be one of the main things we'll go and see. Luckly with the rest of the pople we'll do all the touristy stuff so that is not a problem. But given the fact none of them are really into my sort of stuff I'll be limited with what I can see. Which means I'll have to be back a second time at some stage.

One day.Get yer arse dcown to the DRINKDEVIL in kreatsburg.Buy a bag of the worlds greatest smack at the train station and take it from there.

There's some new place that everyone says is way better than Yellow Sunshine (which was amittedly pretty great when I went there), supposed to be cheaper with bigger portions and better burgers...

Ah fuck, that Yellow Sunshine looks deadly. But will defo check out Wagen Burger if I'm going around there to the Bis Auf Messer shop.

If you're taking out a day for yourself, get one of the day tickets for transport (e6.10), you've then got service from; buses, U-Bahn, and trams for 24hours. That's the best way to see the city.
Those tickets are actually only good for 12 hours, mate of mine got stung for a fine using one earlier in the year, when he discovered it expired at 3am that morning after buying it at 3pm the previous day

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back