Batman!!! (1 Viewer)

Audiodelic said:
Wavioli, if you got your tickets from the Warner press person, there's another screening this Friday that you could probably head along to...

fuck that, ive got 2 italian ladys to cook me dinner!

bombidol, I dont have any more, and doubt I will be getting any...

Audiodelic said:
It's at 10.30 in the morning.

Imagine. Batman AND dinner with two Italian ladies all in the one day.

:)

That would be waaay to much for one man to take.

Not me however. Of course :eek:

I think I'll have to start making more Warner Bros. friends - I need to see that movie again soon before I start to choke on the lack of Batman.

Just out of the cinema after watching it... Uh oh, I thought it was awful... But my friend liked it which I thought was mad. Look out for constant referencing to things that were said/happened earlier on in the film. I hate when films do that.

Example (Not in Batman) - Boy goes to girl "You have it in you to be a winner" and she succeeds. Later when he's in a spot of bother she says knowingly "you have it in you to be a winner". Oh and we all cry and laugh at the same time!

stephenoblunt said:
Example (Not in Batman) - Boy goes to girl "You have it in you to be a winner" and she succeeds. Later when he's in a spot of bother she says knowingly "you have it in you to be a winner". Oh and we all cry and laugh at the same time!

i love these bits in movies. films like finding nemo have it down to a fine fuckin art.

i thought this was a bit of a lamefest in places. some dreadful dialogue and too many sentimental sequences with sad strings to match. it should have been a lot darker and stylized. very little atmosphere. scarecrow was nifty though.

there was some good action and twas entertaining. just not all i wanted it to be.

side note:
even if you go along with this super microwave emitter that selectively targets water. would your body not just explode, being mostly water??? i was expecting some viscous lung exploding action.

Stacy said:
even if you go along with this super microwave emitter that selectively targets water. would your body not just explode, being mostly water??? i was expecting some viscous lung exploding action.

do microwaves not work on the principle of exciting the H-O bonds in water?
surely it would just burn your skin really badly and not penetrate any deeper?
i haven't seen the film yet btw so i don't know what happens in it.

apparently (my old chemistry teacher had a ton of great chemistry stories) the microwave oven was invented after an arctic researcher found the mars bar in his pocket had melted just after he stood in front of a microwave transmitter dish.

oh shit said:
do microwaves not work on the principle of exciting the H-O bonds in water?

yeah i think so. but this is a hyper intensive on that vaporises water. like whole mains water systems.
i'll just shut up. guns, batmobile, manly action, whooo.

and yeah science stories are the best. everything is found by accident.

oh shit said:
apparently (my old chemistry teacher had a ton of great chemistry stories) the microwave oven was invented after an arctic researcher found the mars bar in his pocket had melted just after he stood in front of a microwave transmitter dish.

Wonder what state his love-spuds were in after that!?!? !ninjaaaa

stephenoblunt said:
Just out of the cinema after watching it... Uh oh, I thought it was awful... But my friend liked it which I thought was mad. Look out for constant referencing to things that were said/happened earlier on in the film. I hate when films do that.

oh dear

Stacy said:
side note:

Wow, picking holes in the Batman plot, that's hard. After all, the idea of a guy dressing up as a bat and flying around a city fighting crime is well fuckin realistic, isn't it?
Picking holes in the Star Wars plot is okay because there are so god-damn many it's impossible not to, but Batman is good.

Cormcolash said:
Wow, picking holes in the Batman plot, that's hard. After all, the idea of a guy dressing up as a bat and flying around a city fighting crime is well fuckin realistic, isn't it?
Picking holes in the Star Wars plot is okay because there are so god-damn many it's impossible not to, but Batman is good.

one thing i really admire about this new film is that it offers a decent explanation for why he dresses up as a bat, beyond the personal childhood trauma; ie it is a ninja-style theatrical idea to create a super-human demon in the minds of his enemies. the two scenes where he actually does look like a demon are the best by miles.
but yeah good point.

went to see it again last night with a load of folks. god it's so good. even my mother loved it!! it's so visceral and gritty. saw some losers on boards.ie giving out about the fight scenes saying they wanted to see Matrix style fights!?! go watch Charlie's Angels asswad!

avernus said:
saw some losers on boards.ie giving out about the fight scenes saying they wanted to see Matrix style fights!?!

Eh I think the tme has come for Pete to add a "Wanker" icon. You're right Avernus, "Asswads"!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back