Batman!!! (1 Viewer)

Crispin as the Joker... that would be mazin
Espicially if they made a movie of The Killing Joke...

Gotham by Gaslight would also rule as a filium

Wavioli said:
SO avernus, how much would you be willing to pay for a ticket to the advance screening on saturday morning :p

Hi Wavioli. We're friends, you and I. How many tickets you got for me, friend?

well actually Im going to a big party out in naas on friday night, so chances are I wont be able to go anyways, so if you're extra nice to me I might think about parting with them...

THE MAN said:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Wavioli again.

I'm always giving you rep, I am. And The Man is always trying to stop me. If youre nay going - I'm your guy. dying, DYING to see it.

moc said:
ah yeah my brain prohibits me from reading before posting...

tomorrow you say?

can i come?

I'd take you, but I already asked someone else. sorry ;)

Well I'm just back from the preview. Holy. Shit.

It's absolutely amazing! I was worried about a few things - Neeson being Lanky, Katie Holmes being Joey Potter - but it completely blew me away and shat on anything thats come before. It's the perfect Batman film.

Bale is outstanding. He Patrick Batemans up the slick playboy billionaire Bruce Wayne persona, and as Batman he's a terrifying sonuvabitch. His acting is flawless. Liam Neeson, who I worried would be lanky and crap, was brilliant. Michael Caine is deadly, as is Oldman. Overall the acting is subtle, solid and realistic. Theres a good balance of humour - I loudly pissed myself at several times. The story is excellent as is the dialogue. the fighting is gritty, fast and sans CGI - the sound is bone shatteringly loud. the music is HUGE! there were so many moments that my hairs were standing up on the back of my neck. I giggled nearly all the way through it was so good. anyone who thinks the Batmobile is shit should EAT shit after this - it's a fucking monster and perfect for the film. just wait assholes!

swear to christ, if any movie even touches it this year I'll be shocked to shit. fuck Sin City. not even Bruce Willis can stop Batman!

avernus said:
Well I'm just back from the preview. Holy. Shit.

It's absolutely amazing! I was worried about a few things - Neeson being Lanky, Katie Holmes being Joey Potter - but it completely blew me away and shat on anything thats come before. It's the perfect Batman film.

Bale is outstanding. He Patrick Batemans up the slick playboy billionaire Bruce Wayne persona, and as Batman he's a terrifying sonuvabitch. His acting is flawless. Liam Neeson, who I worried would be lanky and crap, was brilliant. Michael Caine is deadly, as is Oldman. Overall the acting is subtle, solid and realistic. Theres a good balance of humour - I loudly pissed myself at several times. The story is excellent as is the dialogue. the fighting is gritty, fast and sans CGI - the sound is bone shatteringly loud. the music is HUGE! there were so many moments that my hairs were standing up on the back of my neck. I giggled nearly all the way through it was so good. anyone who thinks the Batmobile is shit should EAT shit after this - it's a fucking monster and perfect for the film. just wait assholes!

swear to christ, if any movie even touches it this year I'll be shocked to shit. fuck Sin City. not even Bruce Willis can stop Batman!

I had totally forgotten there was a new Batman movie until last night and I saw the trailer at Sin City. It looks fuckin great. Glad to here Avernus giving it the thumbs up. Can't wait!! Something about Batman films totally butter my crumpet. Not the crap ones though, of course

I was the one lucky enough to accompany Avernus to Batman Begins (cheers Wavioli!) and I wholeheartidly agree with everything he has had to say about it. It really is a great movie in it's own right and for any Bat fans it's a dream come true. Forget all about the rubber nipples, pink neon lights and awful dialogue of the last couple of outtings, this movie is IT.

It's hard to single anyone out because pretty much all the cast do a great job, but Bale really is terrific and has a great chemistry with the wonderfully drole Caine.

This movie has everything. The score really is hair raising. The action is top notch. The story trots along at a perfect pace. The tone of the movie is perfect too, knowing when a splash of humour is needed without becoming silly and self-referential.

Hey, if it's good enough to make Avernus get in such a state of excitement that he's waving his fist in my face in a "HOW KICK-ASS IS THIS SHIT???" gesture on several occasions - then it's gotta be good!

Best bit for me? Bruce playing the obnoxious playboy routine. James Bond and John Mclane rolled into one.

Glad yis enjoyed it, god though, with such glowing reviews im kinda wishing id gone myself!

that would have been interesting seeing as i hadnt slept the night before...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back