ballroom smahamallroom. (1 Viewer)

Originally posted by Unclealo

How do you all feel about this boycott?

boycott = good idea in general terms. nobody is more pissed off at the price of a pint in this town than me

however....

the lower deck is a little cheaper by comparison and has been that way for ages, so my rage is not necessarily directed to that one pub.
Plus it was my local for 3 years and the staff were (and are) always really nice amiable types

plus...i never get any hassle for doing the stall in there, and they're cool with me moving tables around, messing up the place etc etc

in summary, i'll be boycotting every bar in dublin *except* the lower deck on the night in question. And all principles aside, i like me beer too much

i agree
boycotting drinking in the lower deck ain't going to stop qbar sosume etc. etc. charging over the odds.

Ahhhhhhhhh. Yeah, I can diggit. I'm gonna buy myself a bunch of quarter bottles of wine and try pass 'em off as Ribena or somethin'. You gotta go see the 'Cop. Drunk.

Originally posted by Unclealo
It's a pub boycott, a sort of drink-nothing day to highlight consumer awareness on the robbery that is a night out in this country.

.....like if 1 day boycott made pubs lower prices.............. :rolleyes:

Go to the Ballroom and get pissed...... I can't as I have to take my wife to ballet... er... dinner, yeah it's a S.Valentine dinner, right.

Originally posted by Alex
.....like if 1 day boycott made pubs lower prices.............. :rolleyes:

Go to the Ballroom and get pissed...... I can't as I have to take my wife to ballet... er... dinner, yeah it's a S.Valentine dinner, right.

ah sure you can always get a bag of fish and chips and bring her along to the ballroom for some wine!

hey, here's an idea, why not boycott pub prices *every* night by bringing in yr own booze? this town has become so goddamn trendy and self conscious that no-one ever suspects such scabbery as pouring tins of dutchie in the bathroom or under the table, so its fuck easy to get away with it. makes nights 1/3 as cheap and takes away from the profits of the greedy monopolising bar owner skum.

well?

We did just this at a crappy gig we were playing recently - we really didn't want to be there so we figured we'd get smashed beforehand. I filled up some bottles with vodka+blackcurrant and stuck them in the guitar cases - great for smuggling stuff into places!

So we get there just when the first act is meant to be starting and it turns out not only is there no soundman, there is no pa and no mixing desk. While we wait for these minor luxuries to be tracked down we enacted our plan.

Of course, when our guitarist went up to the bar and asked for four shot glasses, and took 'em back to our table, it did look a little suspect, considering that we hadn't ordered any drinks or nothing.

It was a pretty small room too - so we sent the drummer up to buy one vodka and blackcurrant which mysteriously kept refilling itself over the course of the evening ;)

Twas the dodgiest thing I've done in a long time - cheap tho!

I completely endorse the sneaking in of booze. Anything beats standing at the bar for 20 minutes trying to get served expensive piss.

One thing though, booze sneakers, please bring your empties home with you.

Originally posted by Anthony
I completely endorse the sneaking in of booze. Anything beats standing at the bar for 20 minutes trying to get served expensive piss.

One thing though, booze sneakers, please bring your empties home with you.

Thats a good point. But at least at ballroom the wait isn't usually too long.

summation: barkeeps and managers and owners and breweries are mostly cunts, UNLESS they's in the ballroom where we go, so it's alright.

punk. fucking. rock.

you kids rule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back