Builders (1 Viewer)

Cornu Ammonis

Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
Website
brainwashed.com
We recently had some work done in the house and the guy who did it was paid to do another job as part of it. He never came back to do the work and has stopped replying to our messages. We gave him a deadline to arrange a date to do the work or give us a refund for the work not done, which came and went.

We don’t have a postal address for him but know roughly where he is. He’s really active on social media so we were going to go the public comment route but not sure if that would make a legal case more tricky.

Anyone have any experience here in what the next best steps would be?

We recently had some work done in the house and the guy who did it was paid to do another job as part of it. He never came back to do the work and has stopped replying to our messages. We gave him a deadline to arrange a date to do the work or give us a refund for the work not done, which came and went.

We don’t have a postal address for him but know roughly where he is. He’s really active on social media so we were going to go the public comment route but not sure if that would make a legal case more tricky.

Small builders are having a bonanza at the moment, we were left hanging for the last of snags and the sign off for nearly a year,

My sense would be anything like sticking a comment on SM etc could stand against you, could be presented as harassment, libel etc??

I’d go legal myself first to keep it all above board, but leave him a message first saying that’s what you’re going to do. Threat of a solicitor’s letter might get him to at least refund ya

But in fairness I know fuck all about these things

Small claims court. You’ll need an address though.

His company trading name will have a registered address

Can’t find it online. Any suggestions of where to search (on or offline)?

These any use?

Hope this works out for you.
I absolutely hate having to deal with tradesmen, Any of them. All of them.
Its a last resort. And I haven't really had any bad experience to talk of.
Still hate the fuckers though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back