ATTN: promoters, gig goers, photographers...SERIOUS ISSUE with photography. (1 Viewer)

i dont know about other people, but i've always tended to like the audio dimension to music over the 1/400th of a second falsely lit 2 dimensional rendition.

Hold on a second nice guy or nay DIY or nay, independent or nay photographers at gigs can and often are a total nightmare, I was being serious ban em all.

How nice was it to have no photographers at the gig last night?

i dont know about other people, but i've always tended to like the audio dimension to music over the 1/400th of a second falsely lit 2 dimensional rendition.

You've never admired or enjoyed looking at live music photos of bands you like?

This thread has everything- extreme photography, cops, scraps, jokes and witticisms, blaming, shaming (but no naming) and more than 10 people at a gig!
I give it 10/10

Pass the popcorn!

don't forget describing. There was describing too.

and there was naming. But the person whose name was named had their name removed, but then it appeared again in a different post where someone posted someone else's response to some negative things that were said on thumped.ie

but we still never found out who the fat bloke was

that is an exceptionally warped view of the events of that night.

i think people should forget about the fight for the minute as thats an isolated incident.
but some of the things this guy has said here are very surprising. i dont really want to pick apart his statement but some of it doesnt make sense. and i also must honestly say that my issue and problem is in fact clear cut. i was also stone cold sober that night and very aware of what was happening. we are not talking about the silly details of who poured what on who here. we're just talking about basic bad conduct.

the main thing that baffles me here is that he says firstly that he had earplugs in and couldnt hear people asking to stop. then he says that if he had been asked rather than told to stop. so then surely he heard people then? i personally saw him being told/asked/whatever to stop by 2 or 3 separate people and each time he certainly heard these requests(and each time responded rudely).
also, once the bouncer came over to sort the situation out, no one left quietly. they all decided to have a nice arguement right in front of the stage in front of 20 people.

also, 13 of his shots were intrusive? thats 13 too many as far as a lot of people are concerned.

anyways, i just honestly feel that this guy should be standing back and apologising, not going on the defense. either that or he clearly doesnt see what he has done.

my bro said yer man barged through himself and his friends trying to get by them. so much so that my bro and co were in total disbelief o.

This is true as I fell of something I was standing on and it snagged the plug out but I never felt embarrassed or threatened by bouncers or crowd cos it was all in the name of Punk Rock,
It helped that there were no bouncers of course.

I had to stop a bunch of huge Polish nazi skinheads that were planning to kill you

You've never admired or enjoyed looking at live music photos of bands you like?

not to the point where i'd rather be pushed out of the way by somone i'm paying for to be paid (by being a punter) so i can get a 2d still frame of what i was enjoying up untill that point, no.

Hello Everyone,

I couldnt help but reply to this post. I am a music photographer and Video Producer based in Dublin. I also Manage a band aswell so I tend to see things from everyones point of view.

I have been an in house photographer for whelans for many years, it is were I have started off before I started to work with labels and Bigger venues and big acts. As a venue whelans have strict Rules when it comes to photography but I have personally seen this kind of behaviour from photographers or so called photographers before, which kind of gives the rest of us a bad name and the venue a bad name also.

I am the in house photographer for the Academy and Olympia Dublin and I was The Official photographer for Oxegen this year. So for the majority of my live shoots I have a Pit area away from the fans. However I just want to point out to the photographer in question. You made a statement saying that you got in early to get your spot at the stage. You have no entitlement to be at the front of the stage regardless of who you are snapping for whether its Hot press, State etc. The people behind you have bought tickets so if you need to move through the crowd, you politely excuse yourself and move through. You dont stand and block anyones view at the front of the stage. I am sick to death of photographers or so called photographers thinking its their god given right to do what they want at gigs. In whelans if the house is full you either snap from the balcony or stand at the back with a zoom lens and get your shots. If you havent got a decent zoom to do that. Give up now.

I have spoken to the production manager in whelans about this and he is furious as similar incidents have happened before. I have personally left gigs early a couple of times as I didnt want to be associated with the photographers that clearly had no regard for the people who paid in. It really annoys me and it is being looked at by The management in Whelans. There are only a handful of photographers out there that do this.

My name is Dave Barry by the way. I can assure you when I was ever snapping and worked in whelans. I always asked the fan was it ok stand here or there, and I was never there for more than 10 seconds. Its common courtesy when they have paid money into the gig/

Thats all I have to say guys. Whelans I know are looking into this. They are not happy at all that there was an incident in the venue and they are doing everything to make sure it doesnt happen again.

Hello Everyone,

I couldnt help but reply to this post. I am a music photographer and Video Producer based in Dublin. I also Manage a band aswell so I tend to see things from everyones point of view.

I have been an in house photographer for whelans for many years, it is were I have started off before I started to work with labels and Bigger venues and big acts. As a venue whelans have strict Rules when it comes to photography but I have personally seen this kind of behaviour from photographers or so called photographers before, which kind of gives the rest of us a bad name and the venue a bad name also.

I am the in house photographer for the Academy and Olympia Dublin and I was The Official photographer for Oxegen this year. So for the majority of my live shoots I have a Pit area away from the fans. However I just want to point out to the photographer in question. You made a statement saying that you got in early to get your spot at the stage. You have no entitlement to be at the front of the stage regardless of who you are snapping for whether its Hot press, State etc. The people behind you have bought tickets so if you need to move through the crowd, you politely excuse yourself and move through. You dont stand and block anyones view at the front of the stage. I am sick to death of photographers or so called photographers thinking its their god given right to do what they want at gigs. In whelans if the house is full you either snap from the balcony or stand at the back with a zoom lens and get your shots. If you havent got a decent zoom to do that. Give up now.

I have spoken to the production manager in whelans about this and he is furious as similar incidents have happened before. I have personally left gigs early a couple of times as I didnt want to be associated with the photographers that clearly had no regard for the people who paid in. It really annoys me and it is being looked at by The management in Whelans. There are only a handful of photographers out there that do this.

My name is Dave Barry by the way. I can assure you when I was ever snapping and worked in whelans. I always asked the fan was it ok stand here or there, and I was never there for more than 10 seconds. Its common courtesy when they have paid money into the gig/

Thats all I have to say guys. Whelans I know are looking into this. They are not happy at all that there was an incident in the venue and they are doing everything to make sure it doesnt happen again.
his post was lifted from boards.ie. he never actually posted here.

just looking at the Flickor linked on that boards thread, and would you believe i've had run-ins
with this guy before???? This shot was taken in Lidl on Cork street while I was trying to buy some
competitively priced beers a few weeks ago.

4226284332_736085e0d9.jpg

The guy barged his way to the front of the queue, wearing his earplugs naturally and just started
photographing everything in sight. The beer, the till, the cashier, everything. I'm almost certain
I counted 50-60 clicks in the 5 minutes or he was there. I can only imagine a high percentage
of those shots would fall into the obtrusive category (maybe 80%+)

The situation got so ridiculous that the cashier asked him to stop, but he pretended he couldn't
hear anything at all. Eventually that guy who looks a bit like neilybird, (but is maybe a woman?)
in the background stepped in and sorted everything out, but not after my girlfriend got a punch
on the nose and I was covered in half a 4L bag of Otto Cat Litter.

if you're reading this, you're not a photographer, you're a menace!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back