attn muffin and everyone else who humours me regarding project catwalk/runway. (1 Viewer)

so what did we think?i liked that they are copying the american show with all of them pitching ideas to a celebrity ,although i use that word in the loosest of its forms..

i thought that red dress was hideous and im glad mr. cyber punk was sent home..

debbie debonair is starting to get on my tits..

and did we actually hear the irish girl say more than one thing during the entire show?

and dont even get me started on giles and monica showing up..

plus ,last thing i promise, is there no one better that they could get on than yr man who is supposed to be a fashion writier?he's a wank face..there's so many celebrated young designers now that surely there must be someone better..

clothes wise. every thing so far has been a bit meh dont you think? doesnt seem to be any outstanding talent shining through as yet. early front runners i guess look like viv and jasper.

yeah nothing great at the moment..i suppose they are only finding their feet though..

but did we really have to see Viv's cleavage?:)

ahh shes finally gone, thank god!
definetly backing ross to win..talented and seems like a nice fella too.

i loved ross's mac..and didn't think debbie debonair's was that bad..the red haired ones was absolutely rotten though..and don't even get me started on jasper's and the baldy headed dudes..

this series is a bit sterile or boring or something. the judges seem like theyre just going through the motions. missing a julien mcdonald or a michael kors for some super meanness. we all know its between ross and viv even at this early stage.

anyhoo, i reckon the irish girl or tom will be next to leave god bless 'em.

those trousers! i mean really. i cant believe he was wearing a pair himself aswell.

i actually saw it on sky for a change! (had to go to cork for it, but anyway...)

angie seemed quite sweet at the end, but from the minute she started moaning about the fabric shop i was hoping she'd go out. the selection available to her really wasn't that bad, and her idea of what 'geometric' meant was pure deckchair. (there were other prints flashed past that looked like a better interpretation of the spirit, if not 100% what jasper wanted.)

ross's was so dull but i'm glad he didn't go - his notion of commercial appeal seemed like real snobbery. tom's pants cracked me up but i tend to get the rage for anything that goes so far from the shape of a woman's body - needn't be form-fitting, tailored, body-con or anything, but if you're going to go ugly, make it more bloody beautiful. and viv's dress was great! she's a real surprise, i expected really basic/classic things after her (first?) halter dress but i think she's super.

not loving the series, though

aw, a week's silence - i'm on top threadkilling form!

man, fionnuala's was so far from the worst. it wasn't a winner (i would wear it in a heartbeat, mind) and i don't give a shit that she's irish, but katy's was a car crash and a whole load of future nothing. there's something about the editing that is still making me roll my eyes every week though.

(meanwhile across the pond, i am getting to the point where my love for sweet p isn't enough to think she should still be there. chris seemed like he'd come home, christian made a puff-sleeved jacket fit for another week's brief(?!) and jillian did something great (boy-shorts! screaming blue strappiness!) which could have so nearly been a disaster, in contrast to sweet p and ricky and rami.)

I thought Fionnuala's wasn't that bad but I couldn't see any kind of 40's influence that she was insisting was there!I think had she just admitted that it looked way 80's they may have kept her in. But overall I think she has been totally underwhelming.I think every other person who is left has ,either themselves or in a group, shown some sort of talent but she has just produced blah clothes. Let's not forget that horrendous macintosh..

Stateside I am in love with Christian!I liked his clothes this week ,however i totally thought
chris
deserved to win. It almost looked like they were designing for the Pussycat Dolls or something. Ricky's outfit was horrendous. Far more beachwear than wrestling wear. Am so dissappointed to find out that
Victoria Beckham
is a judge for the final..yuck..

as ben de lisi said, she lacked creative vision. you could tell that from the beginning.

Jeez this program is getting tiresome. I'm glad Tom is gone. His outfit was so hideously uninspired. I also thought ,for all the help she got, Viv's dress was horrendous. The editing of the whole program drives me nuts. You can pick out within the first few minutes who is going to be amazing, who is going to be in the bottom and who they are barely going to mention come the catwalk.

The American version is awesome though. It's almost frightening to see the difference in skill and calibre between this and the English version. On the American one this season they have had Donna Karan, Monique Lhuiller, Alberta Ferretti and Zac Posen!Plus Roberto frickin Cavalli! Who has been on the English one? Nancy Dell Ollio!Although they did have Henry Holland but it's frightening none the less. Anyways this week they had to take inspiration from a work of art. Some of them were fierce. Christian has couturier written all over him. Plus I think I'm falling in love with him.

I loved Tom, that shirt he made a couple of weeks ago was fantasic.
The winner from the first season Kirsty Doyle is still making decent clothes, http://www.kirsty-doyle.com/ and Julien McDonald said shed never be a designer because shes from Liverpool, wha?

This show is really starting to fuck me right off...Bringing in their families cos Viv was getting homesick.Putting the two of them through because she was in the bottom two...grrrr..I think I might actually stop watching it..The American one rocks my world anyways..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back