Asking someone on a date (1 Viewer)

You're duty bound to tell us how it all goes.
We've spent literally minutes working on our casual, smart-arse replies. It's the very least you can do.

First off do they know that you fancy em in that kinda way?

This happened me a little while ago.. I eh... bebo messaged them. It was the only way I could, id left work and didnt have their number etc.

All ya have to say is "fancy meeting up for a drink sometime" in a text like...

Worst comes to worst ye can meet up in the friend way or you can get really drunk and say "here give us a kiss"... if she turns you down you wont mind cause your pissed.

Don't go near a restaraunt. It's too formal. Go to the pub. Make sure it does'nt blast loud music or you'll end up feeling like freaks as you roar in each other's ears. Food on a first date is a no no. You can change boozers, or run away. Restaurant, no way.

I agree, also if she's like me and half of my lady friends who are equally as unbalanced as me, she might be weird about eating in front of a new person. It takes me ages to eat anything with someone I don't know (girl or boy) and I usually leave half behind despite being hungry cause I'm weird. Gigs are good though. Ask her out.

I'd be wary of a restaurant too..I'm really picky about food so I'd be so worried about what I was gonna eat, I wouldn't enjoy it..

I'd go for a pub..Somewhere nice and not smelly or horrible..Macturcaills (sp?) is nice for this sort of thing..

Or you could do like my other half did and bring me to a really dodgy pub so we kinda bonded over the fact that we might get killed:)

i suggest meeting up during an afternoon when you're both free. have few loose ideas of what you could do later on, ie gig or show or random event - unless you know for sure that she's into going to pubs and/or gigs, then don't make that the big plan, cos if she isn't, or if it's a crap gig, then it's a shit night, and you'll have made her pay into something wick, and that's not cool.

on the other hand afternoon = nice outdoor walk in the park, a chance to talk, non-threatening environment (ie she can leg it or summon a police officer if you start admiring peter sutcliffe), no expectations of anything sexy happening.
and if it goes well, then you can get a meal somewhere and then head to a pub or a show or whatever.

also has the advantage of making you seem not worried by the whole thing, which you seem to be, unnecessarily...

got to agree with oh shit there,an afternoon in town is always a good idea and lots to do if you dont want the night to end early. but dont underestimate the effect of a bad gig, it can be a good way to get rid of the whole first date tensions and swopping bad band horror stories can help you two get closer, the fantastical shitness of a band (think they were called seagull something) has worked well for me in the past, still doesnt make up for watching them.
hope it goes well, if not her loss.

All suggestions very much appreciated thanks guys :)

Text her at about three and we were texting for ages. I'm trying to think of a gig to suggest.... I live in Galway. Thats my next text

All suggestions very much appreciated thanks guys :)

Text her at about three and we were texting for ages. I'm trying to think of a gig to suggest.... I live in Galway. Thats my next text

Bring her to see Arnocorps in the Roisin tonight. Then afterwards, you can both feel the pump and increase your musculature. GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

arnocorpsfireposter.jpg

Don't go near a restaraunt. It's too formal. Go to the pub. Make sure it does'nt blast loud music or you'll end up feeling like freaks as you roar in each other's ears. Food on a first date is a no no. You can change boozers, or run away. Restaurant, no way.

I don't know, all my single girl friends are going on dates to restaurants now. It might depend what age you guys are - over 24/25 then I think a restaurant is nice, or a weekend lunch with a drink after, or a gig.

Under 24/25 then meeting for a drink is acceptable, but then what if you run out of things to say? Then a planned activity is the way to go, like a gig, where at least you have a conversation starter.

Also, don't leave it too long, girls get all pissed off if you get their number and leave it a week - they reckon they are just an after thought, or it's some kind of booty call. And leaving it over a week - don't even bother.

I'd second the afternoon walk idea. It offers lots of flexibility. It can be just a walk, or it can be a walk and then coffee/food/drinks with more walking. And if it's going well then it might just stretch on into evening plans.

Anyway, best of luck.

at what point is it acceptable to send a nonsensical, drunken text message to a prospective shag only to regret it in the cold hard light of day when they completely ignore it?

I'd second the afternoon walk idea. It offers lots of flexibility. It can be just a walk, or it can be a walk and then coffee/food/drinks with more walking. And if it's going well then it might just stretch on into evening plans.

Anyway, best of luck.

If you go for a walk it's harder to disguise a boner...and harder to walk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back