Asking someone on a date (1 Viewer)

zero_hero

This is a bit of weird question but do people still go on dates anymore? I met this girl a few weeks ago in a pub, got her number and would like to meet her again but don’t want to be too full on asking her straight out as it doesn’t seem to be the thing to do these days. I might be wrong though, it's been a while.

Do people still go on dates or is that too much effort? Is it still always the lads responsibility to ask, that one is always confusing? I personally prefer to know what is going on and that the girl is interested and don’t think its weird to have a girl suggest going somewhere but a few of my mates have been saying they'd never go near a girl who asked them out as she's obviously desperate? I don't understand what the big deal is

no, people still go on dates but best not to label it as one, a good gig covers all bases aswell as giving you a chance to impress her with your musical knowledge.
cant see the big deal about a girl asking either, i've asked people out and never been turned down, no point wasting a weekend hoping someone else will make the first move.

You should definitely ask her out on a date. She gave you her number so it's quite possible she actually finds you attractive.
Book a nice restaurant. Dress up smartly. Clean your teeth. Squeeze all those spots.
It makes your intentions clear and it shows you're making an effort on her part.
If she says no, then it's her loss. There are lots of numbers in the phone book.

no offence but your mates are wankers

Right.

Like Large Heart says here, just ask her out already.
What's she gonna say, 'no'? Big whoop, at least you'd know.
No need to faff about, call or text her and say "It was fun talking to you, I'd like to see you again. How about dinner/drinks soon?"
As a man, you're gonna have to grow a pair and take the lead somewhat. Girls actually like this.

Don't go near a restaraunt. It's too formal. Go to the pub. Make sure it does'nt blast loud music or you'll end up feeling like freaks as you roar in each other's ears. Food on a first date is a no no. You can change boozers, or run away. Restaurant, no way.

People do still go on dates but its rare that the effort is made as far as I can see. Cinema is one suggestion but its not ideal for conversation. Go to a quiet pub first before a gig or something. Get a bit of conversation out of the way before you go to 'something' as then it eases the nervous atmosphere

Alternatively, if your a bit strapped for cash.

Bring her for one drink, bring two cans with ye. Go up to the bar and ask for two pints of water. Then off to the jax with ye to do the deed. There will proly be a bit of scuts left in the can. Neck that for dutch courage.

When your coming to the end, ask her home 'to sit in the dark with ye'. No talkin like, just 'to sit in the dark with ye'.

Then impress her with your machete collection, each blade offering their own unique glow in the glint of the full moon
beaming through the window. (yes you would have studied the moon phase).

At this point i tend to stick on me favourite collection of feral animals mating.

'Wolves rutting' really sets the mood.

Schedule a meeting with her.
Microsoft Outlook has some excellent diarying facilities built in to it.

Yeah I text her and she replied very casually that it would be good to meet up sometime. I hate that work 'sometime', I'm not sure if thats her being vague cos she isnt that bothered or if shes interested. I'm going to suggest a specific time and place this time. It was late she replied so I've left it be until later today. I think meeting for a drink first and then a gig is the best plan of action.

My mates can be wankers... it is true!!! I was confused by their statement more than anything hence asked for opinions on this idea. It's still rare for girls to ask someone out I think but there is definitely no harm in it

Just get in there my son!lifes to short for pussyfootin' round the gaf.If she's into it,she's into it.If not you'll know one way or the other.good luck,she sounds smokin'.

As a man, you're gonna have to grow a pair and take the lead somewhat. Girls actually like this.

room-taking-notes.jpg

Go on, I'm taking notes.

a few of my mates have been saying they'd never go near a girl who asked them out as she's obviously desperate? I don't understand what the big deal is

i agree with oh shit - your mates sound like wankers if that's the kind of attitude they have. That attitude is also a contributing factor in scaring girls off the idea of just going up to a guy and asking him if he wants to hang out some time in the future. what the hell is so desperate about that? why isn't it desperate when a guy does it but it is when a chick does? enough with the double standards!!!

now onto your dilemma. this chick gave you her number so just do it - call her up and see if she wants to go to some gig with you or to a pub with you or something. stay away from the cinema or restaurants for now. bite the bullet, you could be missing out on some fun times with this lady if you don't! g'luck. :)

-edit - sorry, i didnt notice you;d updated on the situation, i just hot the post reply button. well done for texting her anyways :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back